DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 34 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Dakadin, thought I would offer some help with these items.

NOTE: I can see the Troll in Table 04-01, not sure what is happening there for Xen. I am guessing part of the issue is that for whatever reason the original author decided not to implement window resizing on some of the windows (it seems pretty arbitrary to me as to which can be resized and which cannot).

Attachment 35204

For the inability to scroll, it seems the Mouse Wheel does not work to scroll for Skills, but grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it to scroll up/down does work. It is difficult with Skills that have a lot of descriptive text to grab and use the scrollbar because it will tend to scroll really quickly with just slight mouse movements.

As a contrast to the inability to use the Mouse Wheel for Skills, the Mouse Wheel works fine on Table 06-01 Race Background Options. I did a few other checks here and there, and everything I briefly tried worked with the Mouse Wheel, I did not check everything though.

Attached is an image of using the Mouse to grab and drag the scrollbar.

Attachment 35214

Hopefully this helps to track it down.

Edit: sigh, not sure what happened to the second image there.
    I got busy and forgot to come back to this but thank you Sulimo for the extra info and helping to clear up my notes. Yeah I don't know why my Table 04-01 is chopped off like it is when it appears yours is working fine. I checked this on my wife's computer also as a stand alone install and and that table is chopped off as well.

The original developers of the RMC ruleset did a good job of having the windows resize based on the number of rows in the window lists so they didn't include scrollbars or allow resizing. This still works great in FGC but doesn't in FGU because windows refresh differently so it can't resize it automatically because of how it was done. Keep letting me know about these so I can be sure to get them resolved even if I have to manually just make them the right size.

Last night I hosted my first 6-player game last night. 6 Players.JPG With that many people it was still very much a learning process even though I had done multiple 1-2 person games helping my players set up their characters and to simply learn the system better. It's very different running and testing a game by myself and having a full load of people connected but we had a blast. We played for about 5 hours and I did notice a few new things throughout the night most of which I think actually has more to do with FGU itself rather than the ruleset, for example, my host system locks up for about 10 seconds or so when a player connects and still some slow table loading.

I did see that under MA Striking (76-80) the Front Kick crit won't actually apply to its target and add an Unconscious state. (No Knockout.JPG Also, when players were finishing up their turns and clicked Next Actor all the sudden the HP bars of the characters tokens and any status icons they had would turn a pink color. (Pink HP Bars.JPG) The color change would clear itself up then come back throughout the night.

Xen

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Last night I hosted my first 6-player game last night. 6 Players.JPG With that many people it was still very much a learning process even though I had done multiple 1-2 person games helping my players set up their characters and to simply learn the system better. It's very different running and testing a game by myself and having a full load of people connected but we had a blast. We played for about 5 hours and I did notice a few new things throughout the night most of which I think actually has more to do with FGU itself rather than the ruleset, for example, my host system locks up for about 10 seconds or so when a player connects and still some slow table loading.

I did see that under MA Striking (76-80) the Front Kick crit won't actually apply to its target and add an Unconscious state. (No Knockout.JPG Also, when players were finishing up their turns and clicked Next Actor all the sudden the HP bars of the characters tokens and any status icons they had would turn a pink color. (Pink HP Bars.JPG) The color change would clear itself up then come back throughout the night.

Xen
    The lockups/pauses are definitely an FGU thing, lots of people mentioning it in various rulesets.

The Pink HP bars is also something that came up recently with the latest update to FGU, a bunch of people have mentioned it.

I don't generally spend time on the test channel but am extremely grateful to those of you that are. In am looking forward to the new ruleset once it comes to live so thanks for all the hard work and testing. Also Dakadin thanks for all the work on the ruleset, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I don't generally spend time on the test channel but am extremely grateful to those of you that are. In am looking forward to the new ruleset once it comes to live so thanks for all the hard work and testing. Also Dakadin thanks for all the work on the ruleset, can't wait!
    Ruleset v1.8.x doesn't work as well as I expect in FGU. That's the reason to spend time on the test channel. If we want a FGU decent version somebody has to test it!!! In my opinion v2.0.4 is a great advance for RMC players and Dadakin is doing a great job because the player experience is smooth even in test channel. As always there are minor issues to fix, but it seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post

Xen
    I will look into the MA Strikes (76-80) issue. The pink color is a Unity issue not just a FGU issue. From what I understand, the pink color is when it can't display the graphics properly for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunttonner View Post
    Ruleset v1.8.x doesn't work as well as I expect in FGU. That's the reason to spend time on the test channel. If we want a FGU decent version somebody has to test it!!! In my opinion v2.0.4 is a great advance for RMC players and Dadakin is doing a great job because the player experience is smooth even in test channel. As always there are minor issues to fix, but it seems cool.
    RMC v1.8 definitely has issues in FGU. I fixed some of them early on but most of them were requiring that I switch out the existing code for CoreRPG based code so I just put my efforts into getting v2.0 out instead.

I ran another session using FGU and experienced some of the issues you have encountered. Here are a few things that might help when running a game in FGU.

• It takes time to load a table on the Table Resolver the first time. Open the RM Tables before you start playing and open any tables that you normally uses by dragging them to the Table Resolver. It seems to cache them so it goes much faster after that.
    • If things disappear off the Combat Tracker like attacks or defenses, then just have the person that is experiencing it close and reopen the Combat Tracker and they should be back. For some reason, it isn't initializing those panels at times when they are opening and closing them.
    • The pink bars on the tokens is a Unity issue where the graphics aren't loading properly.
    • The missing images from the Library when you click the link to go to a specific section is an FGU issue also. I was able to duplicate it using the 5E ruleset.

I am almost ready to turn over the version that I am working on. I am just working on the campaign conversion part so should be able to turn it over tomorrow. It's been a lot more involved than I thought it would be but I am really liking how things are working with it now.

Basically if you add a weapon or shield to your inventory it will automatically add them to the Combat tab and Combat Tracker. If you delete them from the inventory it will delete them the Combat Tab and Combat Tracker. If you add an attack, weapon or shield to the Combat tab, it will add it to the Combat Tracker and if it is a weapon or shield it will add it to the PC's inventory. Removing them from the Combat tab will remove them from the Combat Tracker and the inventory if appropriate.

The links all link back to one base item either on the Combat tab or in the inventory if it is a weapon or shield. If you update it in one place it will be reflected in the others. The fields are also linked to each other so the updates will be seen in the other locations.

One outcome from this is some of the fields in the lists are read only now so you have to click the links to make changes to them. Adding or deleting attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker won't update the base records whether they are PCs or NPCs. This will allow the GM to add things without them being permanently added to the base records. If you want them to be part of the base records then go to that record and make the appropriate changes.

Once this is in the test channel, please test it if you can since this involved quite a few major changes and I want to see if I can resolve any major issues by Thursday.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Great work so far - I tried the Ruleset in FGU and was so impressed that I am going to try it out with the Saturday campaign. I'm sure there will be bugs but the improvements are considerable.

Thread Information