DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 34 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Yeah the attacks and defenses are still using some of the old code so it wouldn't surprise me if it is still happening now. I will look into it but if you can help me to replicate it that would be great because I haven't see it in my games.

Is the PC adding the things directly to the Combat Tracker and they aren't showing up for the GM or did the GM add them and they are just disappearing over time?

BTW I am reworking parts of the attacks and defenses right now since there is something that I definitely want to change before it goes live.

Dakadin

The PC wasn't adding things directly in to the Combat Tracker, nor I from the GM client, and if a character did need to make an adjustment to their Offense field such as adding in a new skill after I had already added them to the CT, I had to delete that PC from the CT and add them back in before the new skill would appear.

However, I played around for about 4 hours today and between closing and reopening windows, restarting clients, deleting CT entries and adding them back in I was never able to recreate what I was seeing so at this point I'm now unsure what was triggering those entries to disappear.

Xen

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    The PC wasn't adding things directly in to the Combat Tracker, nor I from the GM client, and if a character did need to make an adjustment to their Offense field such as adding in a new skill after I had already added them to the CT, I had to delete that PC from the CT and add them back in before the new skill would appear.
    That is the part that I am reworking now. I noticed it last week when testing something and realized that I need to change the way it works. Your work around is currently the only way to get it to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    However, I played around for about 4 hours today and between closing and reopening windows, restarting clients, deleting CT entries and adding them back in I was never able to recreate what I was seeing so at this point I'm now unsure what was triggering those entries to disappear.

Xen
    I haven't experienced this yet but I've only run one session in FGU so far that might be why. Did this happen with using FGU or FGC?

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post

I haven't experienced this yet but I've only run one session in FGU so far that might be why. Did this happen with using FGU or FGC?
    FGU. I never got to the point of getting FGC off the ground and RL junk tore me away from it some time ago. After I found out the new version of RM was on Test I was reinvigorated about it and fired everything back up with a new install without trying to transfer anything from FGC over. I've finished going through a lot of guides and other tutorials and I'm comfortable enough to do a test run. So next Friday 3 friends of mine and I are going to do our first live run. I'll let you know how that session turns out but it probably won't be much more than some character creation and a small easy dungeon crawl.

Xen

I just noticed on the XP tab on the Party Sheet that when I went to delete the Encounters and Quests rewards the actual delete button on the Quests box is offset. You can still delete the award but you have to click to the right side of it. Clicking the left side of course opens the award to view its details. The Encounters delete button shows up slightly off center but was more of a visual thing in case you were wanting them to line up directly on top of each other. Resizing the window didn't change the position at all. Delete Quests Reward.JPG

Xen

Thanks. I will look into it.

RMC v2.0.4

The latest version(2.0.4) of fixes and changes to the ruleset is on the test channel. I am still working on the attacks/defenses in the Combat Tracker. Here is a list of the changes:

RMC v2.0.4
    Changed the default for newly added skills to secondary skills instead of primary skills
    Fixed - No scrollbars are showing on the Appearance field on the Notes tab of the Character Sheet.
    Changed the Skill Development Primary/Secondary DP section change "Avail Cost Rem" to "Avail Spent Rem"
    Added Total Weight to each item listed on the Character Sheet Inventory tab to make it more intuitive what weight is being counted for inventory
    Fixed - PC Init Bonus was not included when the GM rolls initiative for the PCs
    Fixed - Using Grapple table for alternate criticals uses the attack table instead of the critical table
    Fixed - Error when dragging a combat table result to a creature in the CT - Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:683: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
    Darken the label fonts in the Combat Tracker so they are easier to read.
    Adjusted the minimum Table Resolver size so the fumble tables show at least one column of information
    Added resize icon to the Table Resolver, Table Browser, RM Tables
    Adjusted the CT visibility buttons in FGU to match the size in FGC
    Fixed - Secondary Skill Table in FGU cuts off at Spell Mastery instead of showing the whole table.
    Fixed - Missing Window Titles in FGU for Table 08-15 Base Spell Item Price Chart (See image), 08-16, 08-17, 08-19, Enchanted Breads, Intoxicants and Poisons.
    Fixed - Images in Arms Law Reference Manual so they open the images instead of errors or blank images
    Added Leather Arm Protection to ATs 6 and 7 in the Character Law armor equipment list
    Fixed - Spell Law and Character Law Tables roll a 1d100+1d10 rather than the correct 1d100 in FGU
    Fixed - Creatures in Creatures and Treasures were ID'd by default instead of not ID'd
    Fixed - Positions of delete buttons on the Party Sheet XP tab for Encounters and Quests

Thanks for the update Dakadin, looks good! After updating my client I was setting up a new combat scenario and when I went to drag one of the PC characters in to the Combat Tracker I got a few errors thrown at me. Missing Weapon Error.JPG I then noticed that the PC's Mace weapon had disappeared from the CT and was left with a blank entry. The Mace itself was a stock weapon dragged over from Arms Law and no modifications. There is also a Mace in the inventory. I deleted the Mace from the Combat tab and added a new one back in from the Arms Law Standard Weapons list. I removed all entries from the CT and added the PC back in without any errors. It's not something I've been able to replicate and the other 2 PC characters added without error. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but I figured I'd post it anyway for your info.

I know it's still very much in the testing phases, but I was wondering if there was anything approaching a timescale for the live release (obviously no there isn't is a perfectly fine answer).

I'm having some confusion on creating a new skill. In my example New Skill Update.JPG I created the Test Skill, changed the Type to Maneuver, Static, left the Progression as Standard and added in the stats Re/In. After adding that skill to the skill tab I gave it a cost of 1/3 and I noticed that right after adding in a newly created skill, if I add in new ranks the Rank Bonus and the Total Bonus will not automatically calculate. But if I open the skill and toggle through the Progression options and cycle back to Standard again then the skill will start totaling. Sometimes i have to do this a couple of times before it works but then I can start changing the number of ranks and it starts working fine. Using Character Law skills work as soon as I add them. I thought maybe I was going about it wrong, just not sure.

Thread Information