STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 34 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    I was running through a tutorial and messing around with setting up an Encounter. In the setup I created the name of the encounter, 'Test' then added in a Chimera and Large Ogre. The Ogre has a Weapon attack which under FGC I could drag a weapon over such as a Club and change the OB for that attack then delete the default Weapon attack. I followed through those steps and got the error weapon script error 7.JPG 'Script execution error: [string "weapons"]:7: createWindow: Unable to create window'. In the Combat Tracker of course I could manually add in the new Club attack and delete the old Weapon attack. My guess is that I got the error because the Ogre is Read Only which doesn't appear that can be toggled. Am I going about this wrong in setting up an Encounter or do I need to change any weapon attacks after I've added the NPC's to the Combat Tracker?

Xen

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I was running through a tutorial and messing around with setting up an Encounter. In the setup I created the name of the encounter, 'Test' then added in a Chimera and Large Ogre. The Ogre has a Weapon attack which under FGC I could drag a weapon over such as a Club and change the OB for that attack then delete the default Weapon attack. I followed through those steps and got the error weapon script error 7.JPG 'Script execution error: [string "weapons"]:7: createWindow: Unable to create window'. In the Combat Tracker of course I could manually add in the new Club attack and delete the old Weapon attack. My guess is that I got the error because the Ogre is Read Only which doesn't appear that can be toggled. Am I going about this wrong in setting up an Encounter or do I need to change any weapon attacks after I've added the NPC's to the Combat Tracker?

Xen
    When you create a creature, copy it by dragging/dropping it to the same window, then drag the copy to the Encounter, and it will be unlock-able.

The one you Copy will not have a category attached to it.

You can kind of see the sequence in the attached picture.

Copy Creature.png

Hi Xen,

You want to follow the procedure that Sulimo mentioned. It is a bug that you can change that the attacks when the lock is set so I will get that fixed.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Just something I’ve seen in our game last night where I received an error while opening a skill/weapon/etc.:

To fix it, I just went into Modules and “reset” the book the item was referenced from by Unloading and Reloading it into the Library again.
    Once done, presto, the linkages were fixed and working again. Hope it helps fix most other simple errors the community is seeing.

Folks,

Last week I have played v2.0.3 and is great. But I have experimented a little bit lag when I open tables, sometimes up to 10 seconds to open some tables. There is some trick to correct this? I think lag is bigger when player's skills are opened and a lot of skills are involved. Have this sense to you?

Regards,
    Prunttonner

Prunttonner,

I think that is being investigated, it was mentioned earlier by someone else, I believe re: GM tables taking a bit in FGU.
    No ETA until everything else is finalized, it was said - because everything else is on schedule for tweaks while FGU is still in BETA.

re:FGC, Skills tab can initially take a bit to populate but that has always been the case, even in other rulesets.
    Once opened, that particular lag doesn’t happen again for the rest of the session which leads me to believe that the skills don’t auto load with the opening of a PC until the tab, itself, is first opened.

Yeah that happens in FGU right now. It should get better as they get closer to release and start doing performance optimization for it.

I was playing around with the Parcel Items section of the Party Sheet. The first item I created in the Parcel Items windows was the Garnet Stone which is Type: Accessory and in the image (Associated Skill.JPG) you can see that there is an Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. After I created it I clicked the button to Distribute Items and Coins and could see it in the characters inventory. Now, every item I have tried creating after that is now missing the Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. The Topaz Ring was another item I tried creating from the Parcel Items window and the last item, in its description shows I tried creating that one from the Items List. Adding a new weapon to a characters Combat tab still shows that I can Associate that weapon with a skill as shown by the Light Crossbow. I don't have any extensions loaded and tried unloading all modules and reloading didn't help neither did restarting FGU. But nothing I do seems to bring back those two missing items. No messages in the Console window either.

Xen

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I was playing around with the Parcel Items section of the Party Sheet. The first item I created in the Parcel Items windows was the Garnet Stone which is Type: Accessory and in the image (Associated Skill.JPG) you can see that there is an Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. After I created it I clicked the button to Distribute Items and Coins and could see it in the characters inventory. Now, every item I have tried creating after that is now missing the Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. The Topaz Ring was another item I tried creating from the Parcel Items window and the last item, in its description shows I tried creating that one from the Items List. Adding a new weapon to a characters Combat tab still shows that I can Associate that weapon with a skill as shown by the Light Crossbow. I don't have any extensions loaded and tried unloading all modules and reloading didn't help neither did restarting FGU. But nothing I do seems to bring back those two missing items. No messages in the Console window either.

Xen
    I'm not 100% certain, but the issue with the extra fields (as in the lower right item of your picture), is a known issue in FGU at this time.

I am not seeing the Associated Skill field at all in Classic and RM2, the field you are seeing might be something FGU is trying to inject into the sheet for some reason. It is likely related to the issue with the fields going below the bottom of the item sheet.

See attached for what it looks like in FGC, I cannot find an associated skill field anywhere in any of the items I created.

Items.png
    Last edited by Sulimo; May 1st, 2020 at 00:07.

Thread Information