Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 12 of 30 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatG View Post
    I was the GM in one of the games with the secondary skills missing. It was in FGU. Cheers for the suggestion.

    I also had a bug while testing today in the combat tracker where on of the enemies attacks were blank instead of displaying the weapons. This happened after I minimised the attack section in the combat tracker, and closed and re-opened the combat tracker. When I added a new weapon, this was also blank.

    The enemy was brought into the combat tracker via an encounter, which had three carbon copy NPCs in it. The other two enemies showed their weapons.

    Lastly, is there a way to make a skill you have typed in a secondary skill?
    Thanks for the additional information. I will try to replicate the issue with the NPC attacks in FGU so I can find out what is causing it and get it fixed.

    Unfortunately, I haven't really touched the skills at this point so there isn't a way to identify if they are primary or secondary skills. It is still trying to figure out based on where the skill is in the XML. I will see about making the skills default to secondary in the next minor release 2.0.4. I do plan on redoing the skills and some of the other things on the character sheet when I start working on version 2.1.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Honestly I didn't think you were implying at all but I reinstalled from scratch simply to verify I could replicate the issue. Plus I thought the info would be beneficial to you especially with doing an install on another machine with the same results. Thank you again for all your work on this!

    Xen
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  3. #113
    Majyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada (Insomniac)
    Posts
    146
    Finally had a chance to play with RM2.0.3 and build a PC from the ground up, manually within.
    Everything built without errors.
    Love the Hybrid RRs, btw.

    One thing missing, if not tested, was the ability to control NPCs(Summons) dragged from the combat tracker to one’s Avatar along the top left of the screen(if that is the workflow for how to achieve this).

    I’ll research to be sure but everything else seemed perfect re: the new additions!

    Stat DMG row is kewl, but I miss seeing Potentials at a glance instead - that said, one will definitely remember how that Undead creature stole one’s CON, now, vs multiple sessions later! ♥️

    EDIT:
    We will retest with the following previously noted workflow and reply back unless someone else gets a chance to confirm before then:

    “There are quite a few threads around that discuss this. Basic steps:

    1. Put the NPC on the combat tracker.
    2. Change their faction to friendly (green helmet).
    3. Drag the link from the Combat Tracker to each individual PC portrait on the desktop. This will share the NPC with the owner of that PC.
    4. Put the NPC token on the map. This helps the players to re-open the NPC sheet (if they close it) by double-clicking on the token on the map.”


    For those RM GMs and Players that didn’t know about this amazingly awesome ability with the newest CoreRPG/MoreCore base for FG(if it does work), you’ll fall in love!
    Last edited by Majyk; April 27th, 2020 at 05:59. Reason: Confirmation of workflow

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    Finally had a chance to play with RM2.0.3 and build a PC from the ground up, manually within.
    Everything built without errors.
    Love the Hybrid RRs, btw.
    Yeah it is working pretty well in FGC. I still have to fix a few issues in FGU. It is mainly the old code that I haven't updated not playing nice with how FGU does things. I just need to track down how. The fun one was when I thought some fields disappeared but the old code was just making the text transparent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    One thing missing, if not tested, was the ability to control NPCs(Summons) dragged from the combat tracker to one’s Avatar along the top left of the screen(if that is the workflow for how to achieve this).

    I’ll research to be sure but everything else seemed perfect re: the new additions!
    Is that possible with v1.8? If it was then I didn't even realize it. LOL. In v2.0 , the PC could view the NPC sheet if the GM shares it with them but it won't allow them to see the other panels for the NPC because of how ownership controls the how the panels are shown. I did add it to my list for a future enhancement though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    Stat DMG row is kewl, but I miss seeing Potentials at a glance instead - that said, one will definitely remember how that Undead creature stole one’s CON, now, vs multiple sessions later! ♥️
    I might be able to hide the abbreviation and show the potential instead and move it closer to the total column.

    The other damage fields will rarely be used but I figured I would include them for stat deterioration or other rare effects like cursed items, diseases, etc.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I might be able to hide the abbreviation and show the potential instead and move it closer to the total column.

    The other damage fields will rarely be used but I figured I would include them for stat deterioration or other rare effects like cursed items, diseases, etc.

    I ran a session last night on FGU, and it is fantastic! It has energised me to get on with my Rolemaster book that needs to be finished!!


    Anyway, a few comments:

    One of my players had two issues not shared by the other two. One was that his text was in a higher font size, messing up the layout. Secondly, his dice never auto-totalled, and this is not in the options. I am not sure if these are down to his computer, his installation of FGU or the ruleset, but I thought i would mention it.

    Secondly, related to what you said above, it took me a while to work out how you see potentials! I don't mind them tucked away though.

    I also got a few script errors, but forgot to save them. We are playing this again on tuesday, and if i get them again i will make sure i save the log.


    All in all, a fantastic effort. Our group has been plaing rolemaster since the mid 80's and even had an 18 year campaign! V2 is a big improvement on V1.

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Thanks for the additional information. I will try to replicate the issue with the NPC attacks in FGU so I can find out what is causing it and get it fixed.

    Unfortunately, I haven't really touched the skills at this point so there isn't a way to identify if they are primary or secondary skills. It is still trying to figure out based on where the skill is in the XML. I will see about making the skills default to secondary in the next minor release 2.0.4. I do plan on redoing the skills and some of the other things on the character sheet when I start working on version 2.1.
    Interesting. Sometimes I log-in as a player on a different computer to trial the los mapping. I thought I'd look at the secondary skill table. Logged in on one computer as the GM it shows all the secondary skills, and logged in as a player on a second computer, it cuts off at spell-mastery. Both running at 1080p.

    I then tried sharing the sheet from the gm screen and linked it in chat. It now displays the full list in the player screen. Even after I stopped sharing the screen. Hopefully this helps track it down a bit, even with my ramblings.

  7. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I ran a session last night on FGU, and it is fantastic! It has energised me to get on with my Rolemaster book that needs to be finished!!


    Anyway, a few comments:

    One of my players had two issues not shared by the other two. One was that his text was in a higher font size, messing up the layout. Secondly, his dice never auto-totalled, and this is not in the options. I am not sure if these are down to his computer, his installation of FGU or the ruleset, but I thought i would mention it.

    Secondly, related to what you said above, it took me a while to work out how you see potentials! I don't mind them tucked away though.

    I also got a few script errors, but forgot to save them. We are playing this again on tuesday, and if i get them again i will make sure i save the log.


    All in all, a fantastic effort. Our group has been plaing rolemaster since the mid 80's and even had an 18 year campaign! V2 is a big improvement on V1.
    Did the player use the scaleui command? I am curious if that would have any impact on the fonts. But based on the dice never totalling (which is only a GM option if I remember correctly), it sounds like he might have experiences some of the network issues that they are trying to track down. I know they've been gathering information in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide

    Check your console.log file for the errors if you haven't started up FGU since you played. They might still be there. It would be great if you can provide me any script errors and a general idea of what was happening when you got them. The one other thing that would be helpful is if it was a migrated campaign or a new campaign.

    Thanks for the feedback also.

    Dakadin

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatG View Post
    Interesting. Sometimes I log-in as a player on a different computer to trial the los mapping. I thought I'd look at the secondary skill table. Logged in on one computer as the GM it shows all the secondary skills, and logged in as a player on a second computer, it cuts off at spell-mastery. Both running at 1080p.

    I then tried sharing the sheet from the gm screen and linked it in chat. It now displays the full list in the player screen. Even after I stopped sharing the screen. Hopefully this helps track it down a bit, even with my ramblings.
    Thanks for the additional information.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  9. #119
    In the Modifiers window, how are the toggle buttons supposed to function? If I click on Hard is it supposed to auto search the Modifiers list for the keyword or should it automatically drop a value in to the Modifiers Stack window in the bottom left? I clicked on all of the toggle buttons but I didn't see anything actually happening but if I did a search for the keyword then I got the options shown. Clicking on the '+' button did of course add the value in to the Stack window for the next roll. Modifiers.JPG


    Xen

  10. #120
    The toggle buttons will automatically apply the modifier when the roll is made. The top set is for stats/skills and the bottom sets is for attacks. It works well for the skills because if it is an MM it will send the result to the Table Resolver with the appropriate column selected on the MM table so it speeds up finding the result. For SM skills it will apply the appropriate modifier to the roll. They will deselect after a roll.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in