FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 34 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Shield View Post
    I've noticed that while rolling initiative from the char sheet it is fine but if it is done via the CT using the GM menu options of rolling initiatives, the PC Initiative bonus is not added though it is fine for NPCs.

If you set a PC to Neutral or Hostile and roll initiatives it still does not add the bonus.

Not a deal breaker but I thought you'd like to know.

Cheers!
    Thanks Wolf_Shield. I will add it to my list and get it resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I finally got around to loading up FGU and the new RM module on Test and my first impression is that this is amazing work. I'm so excited to see how this keeps evolving! I also finished reading through this thread and I didn't see any mention of it but I was running through creating a Test Character and I noticed when I loaded the Secondary Skills window that not all of the skills are being displayed. My screen shows it ending at Spell Mastery with no way to scroll down. Attachment 34364
    That is strange. It is working fine for me: RMC Secondary Skill List.JPG

Do you have any extensions loaded because they likely need to be redone to work with v2?

I was also wondering about the Armor Protection by Location section in the Combat tab of the character sheet. Do these fields actually affect the outcome of a crit or are they there more so for reference? I know some crits have different outcomes based on if the defender is wearing a helm or leg or arm greaves so I was wondering how those fields played in to the crit.
    Yes, they are used for the conditional criticals where if you are wearing metal chest armor then this happens and if not then this happens. So those 6 protection locations are checked against the critical result to see which effects to apply. It will also detect the ones that say shield (if in your secondary hand), weapon, or even the one or two that say cloak (if you have something with cloak in the name in your inventory and it has the armor symbol). The way you get those protection locations filled in is based on the armor and helmet you have equipped. In the Armor section of the Item, there are 6 fields for protection. These can be blank, Leather, or Metal. Usually the helmet covers the first 3 (head, face and neck) and the armor covers the last 3 (chest, arms and legs). Then when you equip them it will fill out the protection fields on the character sheet.

Some one actually reviewed the creatures in C&T for me so we could get appropriate protect values for them. If the GM want to change any of them they just need to create a copy in their campaign and make the changes.

You can test it by dropping a conditional critical on a CT entry. There are icons and message for each of the locations matching or not matching the specific critical.

Also, I'm pretty sure by original source materials (couldn't actually find the reference) but I believe that users can only wear/use 1 item of a particular type at one time when it concerns Spell Adders or Multipliers. It took me a bit but I figured out how to create a x3 Multiplier which worked as expected, I saw the total PP's triple. My old group allowed for wearing multiple multipliers, such as a x2 and a x3. I'm guessing my option would be to leave the 'Spell Adder/PP Multiplier' field blank, then disable the 'Auto Calculate: Max Power Points' option in Settings in order to allow me to manually tally and keep track of the power points. I suppose I could also create a sort of placeholder item in their inventory and create a x5 Multiplier and select that as the item in the Spell Adder/PP Multiplier field to gain the same effect. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Yes, you can only where 1 spell adder/multiplier in the core rules for RMC but that doesn't mean you can't do what you want for your campaign. You are definitely on the right track. Just create an items to represent the 2 items combined and equip that. It is what I did for ATs 10, 14 and 18 so that they include the greaves with the breastplates. You can see them in Character Law.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    That is strange. It is working fine for me: RMC Secondary Skill List.JPG

Do you have any extensions loaded because they likely need to be redone to work with v2?
    No extensions loaded, this is actually a fresh install of FGU on a new computer. The problem I'm seeing with the Secondary Skills window is what I saw after opening the window for the first time a couple days ago. I also tried creating a new campaign but that window still doesn't display correctly for me. I checked the Cache folder but there's nothing in it yet.I knew that there were potential problems loading extensions from the previous version which is why I went with a clean install until things get sorted out.

Xen

Thanks for the additional information. I will look into it. You might encounter a few more issues like that in FGU. Please let me know when you do just in case I've missed them like this one.

On an extra note, I had nothing to lose so I went ahead and uninstalled FGU and all folders related to it out of Program Files and appdata/roaming. Reinstalled and it's still not displaying properly. All the other tables I've looked through appear to be opening correctly and if they were larger the scroll function was working properly.

As I was looking about I also noticed that there are some tables that are missing their Titles, Missing Titles.JPG. I noticed this in Table 08-15 Base Spell Item Price Chart (See image), 08-16, 08-17, 08-19, Enchanted Breads, Intoxicants and Poisons.

I managed to kick my wife off her computer long enough for me to install FGU and load up Test. The Secondary Skills window wouldn't load up properly on it either.

Xen
    Last edited by Xen; April 26th, 2020 at 00:25.

Hi Xen,

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that it was anything on your system. I just wanted to verify there weren't any extensions causing the issue. I was able to replicate it in FGU. It is some of the older code and I need to make sure it isn't doing something unusual that doesn't work in FGU to resize the window.

You will notice the same type of issue in the Table Resolver in FGU. It won't resize the table grid when the window is resized and won't use the space that the results tables would use. I am still trying to track that one down. The trick with that one is to resize the window and then close and reopen it. It will resize the grid at that point but you still won't get the bottom section unless you resolve a critical then that grid will be in the bottom section.

I will check out those tables names. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dakadin

We have the same Secondary Skills issue in our group. Two players have the issue. The GM didn't. It stopped at the same point. The two players with the issue have 4k screens and were using scaling; the GM wasn't. I was wondering if that might be linked, though turning off scaling didn't help.
    secondary_skills_bug.jpg

Just to verify you are getting this with FGU right?

Just as a work around you can get to all the skills using the new Skills sidebar button. Just go to the library and check it off.

Just to verify you are getting this with FGU right?

Just as a work around you can get to all the skills using the new Skills sidebar button. Just go to the library and check it off.
    I was the GM in one of the games with the secondary skills missing. It was in FGU. Cheers for the suggestion.

I also had a bug while testing today in the combat tracker where on of the enemies attacks were blank instead of displaying the weapons. This happened after I minimised the attack section in the combat tracker, and closed and re-opened the combat tracker. When I added a new weapon, this was also blank.

The enemy was brought into the combat tracker via an encounter, which had three carbon copy NPCs in it. The other two enemies showed their weapons.

Lastly, is there a way to make a skill you have typed in a secondary skill?

Hi Xen,

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that it was anything on your system. I just wanted to verify there weren't any extensions causing the issue.
    Honestly I didn't think you were implying at all but I reinstalled from scratch simply to verify I could replicate the issue. Plus I thought the info would be beneficial to you especially with doing an install on another machine with the same results. Thank you again for all your work on this!

Xen

Thread Information