FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 34 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Hi Xen,

I would handle it by creating the skill on the skill tab. Then use the Spell Attacks button on the Combat tab to drag the Base Spell Attack to the Combat tab. After that open the Base Spell Attack and scroll down to the Associated Skill. Select the skill that you created. It should change the skill bonus to match the skill's total bonus. The Base Spell Attack will get added automatically to the CT if the PC is already on it and the OB will automatically update as the skill total is updated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Last edited by Dakadin; May 23rd, 2020 at 21:33.

RMC Update and Going Live on Tuesday, May 26

I haven't seen any show stopping bugs in the ruleset and a few people used it in games with minor issues that I had already fixed in my development version. Version 2.1.1 of the RMC ruleset is on the test channel now that fixes most of the minor issues. I contacted Smiteworks about having it moved to the Live channel. It is scheduled to go live on Tuesday, May 26. Please let me know if you find any other issues.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

RMC v2.1.1
    [Added] Reference Manual for Spell Law
    [Removed] The locked field on skills on the character sheet
    [Updated] Table 04-01 Race Abilities to a bigger size, added scrollbars and can be resized
    [Updated] Skill window so that is can be resized
    [Fixed] Party sheet hidden rolls are shown if the Option for Show GM Rolls is turned on.
    [Fixed] Table Updates - MA Striking (76-80) the Front Kick crit doesn't add an Unconscious state
    [Fixed] Combat tab Martial Arts and Spell attacks don't show up when first opening
    [Fixed] Not all of the item fields were being copied
    [Fixed] Not Carried on the Inventory tab didn’t change the Dead Weight to zero
    [Fixed] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus) - When modifying the rank skill field
    [Added] Add RM2 and RMFRP desktop decals
    [Fixed] Helmets not included as armor for encumbrance purposes when equipped on the inventory tab
    [Updated] Change Total Weight (TW) on Inventory tab to Dead Weight (DW) to better reflect its purpose
    [Updated] Equipped fields on the Combat tab update their names when the item is changed in the inventory or Combat tab
    [Updated] Change CT updates for attacks and defenses to use nodes instead of the window instance

I'm testing v.2.1.1 right now. Good work, it's great

We ran our next Friday night game tonight for about 4 hours. This time the game wasn't so good as we experienced a lot of technical type issues throughout the night and I'm sure most of it was probably FGU just being wonky. Lots of really bad load times when opening tables and even character sheets to name a couple. I spent a lot of my night staring at a white screen with a the blue loading circle and with the Fantasy Grounds not responding message. One player lost their modules and was unable to load any of them until I reinstalled the client. Players also suddenly lost the ability to target anything (required server restart to fix) and a couple of them had duplicate weapon attacks appearing in the Combat tab. It was just a weird night all around. I think the gremlins eventually went to bed towards the end and things seem to run better but definitely we definitely had a bunch of downtime throughout the night with some difficulties.

This was the first game since the 2.1.0 patch and I discovered that nearly every one of the attacks from the Combat tab across all characters lost their Associated Skill for that attack and for whatever reason that slot was blank but it didn't take but a few minutes to go in and fix them. After leveling up some characters, those that put ranks in to their weapon skills the OB on the Combat tab wasn't updating. But as soon as I clicked on the icon for that attack in the combat tab the OB would immediately update, but not by simply adding ranks. I updated to v2.1.1 and tried it again with the same results. Skill Update.JPG In this example you can see the OB is 47 but on the Combat tab it's 42, clicked the skill and it then updated to 47.

I now have the game patched up to v2.1.1 so I'll play around with it more this weekend. But in regards to Dead Weight and Carried versus Equipped, should ALL items have a Zero weight if they are equipped? Half Plate with a weight of 70 has a DW of Zero but a Full Shield with a weight of 30 still has a DW of 30 when equipped and it does the same thing for weapons, pants, shirts and some others that I checked.

It was a 7 player game tonight (including myself) and it might be that I'm just really taxing my system right now but I guess if I'm going to test it I might as well push it to it's limits.

Thanks,
    Xen
    Last edited by Xen; May 23rd, 2020 at 15:19.

Yeah, some times it can still be slow loading some of the tables. It only seems to be slow the first time so try loading the tables in the Table Resolver that you will use in your game and it should go smoother.

I noticed the Associated Skill issue earlier today. Thanks for confirming it. I will see about getting it fixed along with the OB on the Combat tab not updating until it is opened.

Only Armor, Helmet and Clothing item types will get set to zero when equipped. It is based on this in Character Law 2.7:
    Code:
    ENCUMBRANCE
    Once you have completed the provisioning and outfitting of your character, you should total the weights of all of their equipment and supplies (other than clothes and armor), rounding down to the nearest pound.
    I think it is because Rolemaster already has the armor maneuver penalties for armor and clothing.

I noticed one other issue that I have fixed in my development build. When you add PCs to the CT the name will be blank. As a work around, just expand the attacks or defenses panel for that PC in the CT and it will fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Only Armor, Helmet and Clothing item types will get set to zero when equipped. It is based on this in Character Law 2.7:
    Code:
    ENCUMBRANCE
    Once you have completed the provisioning and outfitting of your character, you should total the weights of all of their equipment and supplies (other than clothes and armor), rounding down to the nearest pound.
    I think it is because Rolemaster already has the armor maneuver penalties for armor and clothing.

I noticed one other issue that I have fixed in my development build. When you add PCs to the CT the name will be blank. As a work around, just expand the attacks or defenses panel for that PC in the CT and it will fix the issue.
    Oh ok, yeah thanks for clarifying the equipment weights, I probably looked over that section time over time and still never picked up on it. Now that you mention I remembered we did see that issue with the PC name but I never got the name to come back. I 'think' I expanded the attacks and defenses but I can't honestly say for sure, it got to be late and I was really tired. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Xen,

I would handle it by creating the skill on the skill tab. Then use the Spell Attacks button on the Combat tab to drag the Base Spell Attack to the Combat tab. After that open the Base Spell Attack and scroll down to the Associated Skill. Select the skill that you created. It should change the skill bonus to match the skill's total bonus. The Base Spell Attack will get added automatically to the CT if the PC is already on it and the OB will automatically update as the skill total is updated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    This worked perfect by the way. In an earlier post I had mentioned about being able to sort items in the Combat tab alphabetically, silly me though just discovered that in the Skills tab if I simply clicked on the 'Skills' column header it would sort all the skills. So I checked on the Combat tab and the mouse over does say that clicking on it will sort it by name however for me it doesn't actually do anything. Sorting Attacks.JPG

I have one player who's playing a Warrior Monk that doesn't have any armor, weapons or multipliers/adders. I saw that when opening his character sheet and clicking on the Combat tab I got a new script execution error. This character doesn't have anything in his inventory that could even be dropped in to those slots either. The script error would only happen the very first time I clicked on the Combat tab and never again during the same session. I restarted FGU twice more and I got the same script error each time I opened that characters Combat tab, but again only once during the same session. I have 2 other test characters that have no inventory for those slots but I never got the error on either of those when opening their Combat tab. Equipped Script Execution.JPG

Thanks,
    Xen
    Last edited by Xen; May 23rd, 2020 at 21:23.

The sorting issue only seems to happen in FGU. I will look into it.

Good timing on the other error. I am actually looking into it right now.

Tested last night. A couple of issues:

One has gone away as I just tested it again. It was not populating the attacks if I equipped the skill but it seems to do so now.

One problem still apparent is when I drag a token from the char sheet to the combat tracker, the char name does not appear. The entry does but the name field is blank. If I then click on the attacks or defences (sword or shield) icon the name will then appear.

Cheers!

Thread Information