Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Its looking for the file bmpfonts.xml. So it is still getting called somewhere. In one of the xml files in the root folder of the pack, it is calling to include the bmpfonts.xml. Might dig through them and see which one is calling it.

The # indicates hex code, I do not think it is required, but I use it because that is the way I learned while modifying stuff.

The problem with notepad is it borks the file and causes a lot of errors. Notepad++ is made for this kinda stuff, in my opinion.
    If you had previously used notepad, it may be necessary to retype the xml file, to get rid of any weird stuff notepad put in there. ( That has nothing to do with the pak looking for bmpfonts.xml though )

Your fonts folder does have .ttf fonts right? Not fonts renamed to .ttf or .fgf (whatever the FGC ext is ). If you are using FGU, they have to be ttf.

Keep in mind, I have no clue really. I am just a hacker and slasher.
    Last edited by GaryMon; May 18th, 2020 at 14:49.
    FGU Ultimate License. Just getting my feet wet, so far.

Blog Entries
    I can't tell without seeing the contents of your fonts folder, but I notice that the fonts are defined as (or something similar)
    <font name="chatfont">
    <ttf file="fonts/regular.ttf" name="regular" size="18" />
    <color value="000000" />
    </font>
    Do you really have a font called regular.ttf? I only mention this because it is unusual. I would expect to named arial.ttf, for example. Are you still having errors loading fonts? It was unclear in the last post whether or not you had resolved this.

Blog Entries
    I downloaded the .pak last night just to take a peek at it. As suspected, it's using the old .fgf fonts. You can't just plop in the ttf font tags without having some ttf fonts to use for them, which is why you're getting those errors. This ruleset is pre-CoreRPG also, so you've got your work cut out for you if you plan on doing much with it.

I appreciate you checking that out. Thanks for the heads-up!

Thread Information