STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Paladin Auras

Paladin Auras

Is it possible to have a token image of say a spell effect attached to your character token? Like to represent the area of effect for a Paladins aura abilities?
    In the attached image my Paladin token is in the middle of a spell affect aura token and I'd like to be able to move the aura with the character token as one.
    aura.jpg

No, there isn't. You can do it manually if you can find a transparent enough image and drop that onto the map directly. Or you could draw a circle and move that. Or just do it by eye.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That's too bad. I prefer the visual cue as a reminder.

What you can do, though it will cause some issues with stacking, is make a second token that is ginormous and has both of them. Then swap out as needed. You will need to resize your token to fit appropriately.

Alternatively there is an extension that adds layers to Fantasy Grounds. I never used it because it conflicts with something else I'm using so I never remember what it is or how to find it. But I'm sure someone will come along and link it up. If you run that extension then you can have the aura on a layer under your paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Alternatively there is an extension that adds layers to Fantasy Grounds...
    I think this is what you speak of Enhanced Images (Layers)

EDIT: Enhanced layers extension doesn't work for Unity though as Unity already has layers, which I haven't quite figured out how to use.
    Last edited by Apocrypha; March 30th, 2020 at 02:03.

What would be great is to have an aura field in the combat tracker next to size and reach, and maybe 3 different options for the aura to toggle through (light, dark, sparkles?) When you mouse over the token, it would show you the reach (like it does now) and also the aura.

I know, I know... "make a suggestion!" I'm too lazy today, and my last couple of suggestions haven't really made much of a dent.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
    Is it possible to have a token image of say a spell effect attached to your character token? Like to represent the area of effect for a Paladins aura abilities?
    In the attached image my Paladin token is in the middle of a spell affect aura token and I'd like to be able to move the aura with the character token as one.
    aura.jpg
    I've dealt with this in my own way. So this is how I did it:

1. Decide which will be your paladin token
    2. You'll need some image editing software
    3. Make several variations of the same token. Ej. One with an aura, one without it, etc. by overlaying a png aura image you like or creating it by yourself
    4. Place those "variations" of the token including the original token inside the Shared Tokens folder so htat players have access to it
    5. You're done. You'll need to switch between one token or another if certain circumstances change. But that should take no more than 10 seconds while in game

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by whiteTiki View Post
    I've dealt with this in my own way. So this is how I did it:

3. Make several variations of the same token. Ej. One with an aura, one without it, etc. by overlaying a png aura image you like or creating it by yourself
    4. Place those "variations" of the token including the original token inside the Shared Tokens folder so htat players have access to it
    5. You're done. You'll need to switch between one token or another if certain circumstances change. But that should take no more than 10 seconds while in game
    I can't find a shared tokens folder. Does this work in Unity?

Blog Entries
    Tokens (images) are handled differently in FGU. Check out the FGU wiki article on tokens to find out where to place them (I don't know )

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteTiki View Post
    I'm working on building some tokens for the Druid's Spirit Totem this same way, and it works out ok except for two problems. I'm curious how you handle them.

1) Size is tricky. I'm shooting for a 30ft aura, and I can make it an NPC with a Gargantuan size to get me close, but I have to resize it afterwards.
    2) The token blocks my clicks and I can't select the other tokens within the aura.

Thread Information