FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help creating Ancestry in Unity

I am just getting started with Fantasy Grounds. If this has been covered, I apologize. I have an Extinction Curse game I am moving online for obvious reasons. One of the players used the Lost Omen Character Guide to create a Lizardfolk Ranger. Since that book isn't available here yet I thought I would try my hand at creating the ancestry. I copied Elf and replaced all the text. I ran into issues when I got to the traits at the bottom. I can't seem to remove or change the traits that are linked. I haven't even tried to move on to the feats yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the FG forums.

The links at the bottom of the page are linked to the records in the "Other" tab. It is the Other tab info that controls what the ancestry does. Modify those as needed then remove the old links on the first tab and drag/drop links from opened records in the "Other" tab (the records need to be opened to be able to drag/drop the links).

Hope that makes sense!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums.

The links at the bottom of the page are linked to the records in the "Other" tab. It is the Other tab info that controls what the ancestry does. Modify those as needed then remove the old links on the first tab and drag/drop links from opened records in the "Other" tab (the records need to be opened to be able to drag/drop the links).

Hope that makes sense!
    It does. I am about to log in to try this now. Is there a place I can save this info for outside of individual campaigns? I wouldn't want to duplicate my efforts.

Do the work in a campaign that just has this data, then export it to a module. See the Library section in the Wiki -> User Guide.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great, thanks for your help. BTW, I was able to follow your instructions and got my Lizardfolk ancestry ironed out. Onto heritages and feats. Thanks again.

You'll notice that ancestry feats aren't filterable due to it being hard coded in the traits list when you get to that point. I made a very basic extension to add Hobgoblin, Leshy and Lizardfolk to the trait filters if you would like it.

Trenloe, am I allowed to share that? I'm not sure if it flies in the face of any rules/ogl stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Olliebird View Post
    Trenloe, am I allowed to share that? I'm not sure if it flies in the face of any rules/ogl stuff.
    It's cool - you can share it.

heck yeah. I did notice that when I entered those last night.

Here you go. Simplest of extensions. Only thing it does is adds the Character Guide Ancestries to the trait filter list.

Trenloe, feel free to add it to the community extensions if anyone else finds a need for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Olliebird View Post
    Here you go. Simplest of extensions. Only thing it does is adds the Character Guide Ancestries to the trait filter list.

Trenloe, feel free to add it to the community extensions if anyone else finds a need for it.
    Great! Thanks for sharing. I've added to the extension list.

Thread Information