5E Character Create Playlist

FGU hangs when editing LOS on large map

I am editing a decent-sized map with lots of curved halls and angled walls, and when adding walls for LOS, the entire app hangs after a few minutes of editing. There are TONS of wall nodes. Is there a limit to how much the app can handle, or is it just a possible bug with the Unity build?

Quote Originally Posted by paulyhedral View Post
    I am editing a decent-sized map with lots of curved halls and angled walls, and when adding walls for LOS, the entire app hangs after a few minutes of editing. There are TONS of wall nodes. Is there a limit to how much the app can handle, or is it just a possible bug with the Unity build?
    Hi paul welcome to FG.

Certainly on very big maps with a lot of pointers Unity does slow down when you are adding them as you add more and more. I've never had it hang however.

Just how big is this map and what kind of memory is FG using when you are editing it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The image is 2483x3176 pixels, JPG format (if that matters), and the program is at about 3G of memory when it hangs. At one point, I left it there for about 15 minutes to see if it was just busy processing, but it never recovered. I have to kill it every time.

Ok, that's as much as I can tell you. When one of the devs sees this they'll probably want some more info. Probably want to look at the image.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyhedral View Post
    The image is 2483x3176 pixels, JPG format (if that matters), and the program is at about 3G of memory when it hangs. At one point, I left it there for about 15 minutes to see if it was just busy processing, but it never recovered. I have to kill it every time.
    The pixel size of the image is unrelated to LOS, so don't worry about the image size for this issue. A couple of questions: 1) did you have LOS active while editing? 2) were there any tokens on the map and, if so, how many? If either of these conditions are true, you can reduce the processing when editing LOS by having LOS disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The pixel size of the image is unrelated to LOS, so don't worry about the image size for this issue. A couple of questions: 1) did you have LOS active while editing? 2) were there any tokens on the map and, if so, how many? If either of these conditions are true, you can reduce the processing when editing LOS by having LOS disabled.
    Ah, yes, it seems I did have LOS on while editing. And there were 8 tokens on the map as well. I turned off LOS, and I could immediately see a difference in responsiveness! Hopefully that will also address the hanging issue. Thanks!

Thread Information