STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Goodbye

Unhappy Goodbye

Hello Everyone,

Over the last week or so there have been a series of escalating incidents between myself and one of the other Community Members. While I have attempted to dampen the situation (after writing a paragraph of a post which I inadvertently left open to misinterpretation, and which I now realise was a mistake to write), unfortunately the other person has chosen to continue to escalate things. To complicate matters a 3rd Party (known to me) jumped in unasked in an attempt to defend both others and I. Unfortunately, this only made things worse.

Should I, as one of the Forum Moderators, have behaved more professionally? Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. Should I have risen to the bait presented, even though I knew better? No, I should have walked away earlier than I did, and handed the situation over to one of my fellow Moderators.

So I unreservedly apologise to this Community for my part in the ensuing situation and for failing in my duties as a Forum Moderator.

I am sorry.

All of this, unfortunately, has led, after 8-odd years of loyal support and positive experiences, to a breakdown of trust (not to mention of friendship) between SmiteWorks and myself, to the point that I feel I can no longer be part of a Community where trust turns out to be so fleeting, where a person can be punished for something someone else does, and where loyalty has zero reward.

SmiteWorks, based on the facts as they choose to understand them, are perfectly within their right to take the action(s) against me that they have, even though in my opinion they are not being just, as I explained to them in good faith fully the circumstances surrounding my errors and the extent of my involvement, and that I was not the cause of the continuing escalation of the situation.

So, with great regret, and not a little sadness, effective immediately I am taking a substantial step back from my involvement with the FG Community. There are some of you that will be ecstatic over this, and some who will even gloat. Feel free to go ahead; it does not bother me. I know how well liked and how well respected I am on these Forums, and there will be vastly more people sorry to see me leave than there will be happy of the fact. I will be dropping back in from time to time to see how things are going, but do not expect me to contribute anything sustantial from here on - including answering PMs or other posts.

To all of you who have used and enjoyed my contributions to this Community (the DOEs, DORs, DOMs, Tutorial Vids, et.al.) thank you for your support over the years, but I am afraid this also means that I will no longer be in a position to support any of those contributions. All Licences and Copyrights remain in effect, and I will not be handing over support to someone else. I know that puts you all at a disadvantage moving forward, and I apologise for that, but I cannot, in good conscious, continue to support a company that I feel has treated me with so little trust and loyalty, and as unjustly as I feel I have been treated. I am sorry, but that is just the way it is. Perhaps down the track, if things improve, I will re-release all of my work, but until then, I do not authorise any of my work to be distributed via this or any other website or via any other method of distribution, electronic or otherwise.

So, to all my friends here on the Forums, its been a fun 8-odd years – I am going to miss you, miss creating things for you, and miss helping out the Community as a whole. I guess all our lives will be poorer from now on.

Goodbye
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Sorry to see you go. :-(
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You will be a real loss to the Fantasy Grounds community. Your contributions have been immense, as anyone who has spent any time here knows.

So long, Dulux, and sorry for all your troubles. You will be missed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Dulux-Oz respects your decision, but I say that it will surely be missed.
    Of course this is something that comes from me, but I feel like being a friend of the community, a friend especially of those who answer me and help me in the midst of my crazy and weird ideas, so I feel safe to say:
    Friend you will be sorely missed and with all my heart I hope to be surprised with an I AM ****ING BACK !!!

Sorry to see you go, you will be greatly missed.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Oh no

I'm sorry you've had to go through whatever it was, and the community is worse for your departure.

I'm cautiously optimistic that cooler heads will prevail and that we will all be able to celebrate your return at some point, but if not, fair winds and following seas, and thank you for everything you've done.

dulux-oz, Unfortunately saying goodbye is the most painful way of solving a problem. You will be missed!

~Drake
    ~Drake

Blog Entries
    I am sad to see you leave. I will always welcome you back.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I respond to posts such as this with humor. This is not one of those times.

Just know that you will be missed.

Please feel free to join us in Fantasy Grounds College.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Thread Information