Starfinder Playlist

New User DM, Exporting Characters and Importing charecters in UNITY

Hi guys was looking around and can't really find the information on this so I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section or its covered elsewhere.

I'm Starting a campaign for DnD 5E and when it comes to characters I would much rather make them for them, and then export them out individually. Can I do this?

If so HOW?

thanks for any help, Love the program but the learning curve it huge LOL

Blog Entries
    Just make the character in the campaign. Then you never need to export them.

Detailed steps for 5E character creation here; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...haracter+Sheet

More information on Importing/Exporting characters here; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...her-characters

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In Unity things are a little different and you don't really need to export characters if you are the DM or indeed a player. If you open a campaign and click on the Import character button on the PC screen you will get a list of all the characters you have in any of your campaigns. For a player joining your game if they have created characters then they too will see any character they have created in any campaign when they click the import character button on the join screen.

In your case it would be easiest just to create the characters in the campaign you intend to play and your players can choose the character from the join screen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for both answers! It worked perfect. Its so simple, I think I was just overthinking it! Yes, thank you for the advice, I'll just create them as a few players are completely new to DND or roleplaying all together. This is what I wanted to be able to do.

So you can't export characters from FGU, or you don't need to? I'm asking because I prep on one computer and DM on another, and routinely export all characters so I can access them from my prep computer.

Blog Entries
    You can (or should be able to), you don't need to if its just about shuffling characters between campaigns.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Select the (PC) character creation button, choose edit in the character selection window and you will see a blue down arrow in the bottom right corner of each character. This is the export button. Select the character to export and hit the blue down arrow and choose a location to export to.
    "Prepare for unforseen consequences."

Thread Information