FG Spreadshirt Swag

Presetting token scale and position in a module?

Hello everyone, I am looking to update some token modules as well as create new ones and I am wondering if it is possible to set the token scale, grid size, and token position in xml files just like setting up map modules where each map has its own xml file that sets those values.

I did some googling and I could find some code for setting snapToGrid, but I was not certain that would apply in this case.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Are you talking about positioning a token on a map inside a module? If so yes you can do that by creating an encounter and pre-placing the NPCs that the token is attached to in the map. But if you are just talking about a token module then no. Token size is determined by the size of the creature that the token is attached to, and it’s position on the map is determined when that creature is dragged from the combat tracker onto the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you talking about positioning a token on a map inside a module? If so yes you can do that by creating an encounter and pre-placing the NPCs that the token is attached to in the map. But if you are just talking about a token module then no. Token size is determined by the size of the creature that the token is attached to, and it’s position on the map is determined when that creature is dragged from the combat tracker onto the map.
    I was thinking about a token module specifically, not within a rule set or adventure module.

I was wondering if I could preset the token grid position and token scale, the position was what I was mainly thinking about. So that the character appears to be standing in the grid square, rather than snapping the the center point of the image area.

There's no data you can add to a token to tell it what to do when added to a map (that I'm aware of). Where it is placed is calculated at the time it is placed on the map and how many squares it takes up is determined by the size of the creature that the token is attached to, The token will fill the grid square unless the user has enabled the 80% option. Also I don't think the token snaps to the centre of the grid square but rather to the edges. As long as the token is placed in the middle of the square it will be in the middle - otherwise it could snap to an edge or corner.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There's no data you can add to a token to tell it what to do when added to a map (that I'm aware of). Where it is placed is calculated at the time it is placed on the map and how many squares it takes up is determined by the size of the creature that the token is attached to, The token will fill the grid square unless the user has enabled the 80% option. Also I don't think the token snaps to the centre of the grid square but rather to the edges. As long as the token is placed in the middle of the square it will be in the middle - otherwise it could snap to an edge or corner.
    I seem to remember there being a discussion about positioning of a token, but from memory is was in regard to isometric creatures on an isometric map. But the discussion could have been in relation to a rule set....

Thread Information