FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I see it on some modules where the " quotation marks are missing in FGU, not just the ' apostrophes. Some other modules are fine.
    FGU_noApostrophes_noTheme.png
    FGC_noProblem.png

Does someone know what causes it? I don't mean the FGU bug but is it a different language setting on the keyboard of the person doing the conversion?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sstarsslayer View Post
    I see it on some modules where the " quotation marks are missing in FGU, not just the ' apostrophes. Some other modules are fine.

Does someone know what causes it? I don't mean the FGU bug but is it a different language setting on the keyboard of the person doing the conversion?
    Yes, its caused because FGC allowed non-standard characters (per the ISO character set FG is supposed to use) such as the slanted quotation marks and FGU does not. Some modules used the standard quotes, while others used the more appealing non-standard quotes.

Their is a utility on the forums some made, something like ' Sanitize...' that helps resolve these types of issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oh, I get it now, thanks. Win-1252 encoding worked before but FGU uses ISO-8859-1 and I can see the problematic ones in my editor.
    nonISOcharacters.png
    I think if I make sure my text editor is set to ISO, it should not create bad characters and for existing characters a find/replace for the closest best match would be needed. I'll see if that sanitizing utility exists somewhere. I don't know much about converting from UTF or Win but I'm sure someone's made a tool already.

Thread Information