5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Players Constantly Disconnecting

My players are constantly disconnecting from my FGU lobby.
    I can get all of my players connected initially, but after a short time one or more of my players will inevitably disconnect. Once disconnected from my lobby, they are unable to reconnect until I exit and relaunch the lobby.
    Have been trying all evening to get this working and we keep running into this problem. I can confirm that both myself and my players are having no internet connectivity issues with any other application and speed tests for everyone came back good. The problem is only with FGU.

The connection server and Lobby are having issues at the moment. Hopefully a fix will be implemented soon.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Understood. Thanks Zacchaeus.

It's been happening to me too on the local LAN. I've been hoping FGU would be a good way to get my kids into D&D but we ended up having to shelve it for now. I'll just look forward to improvements as time goes on. As a software engineer, myself, I understand how it goes with beta deliveries. One thing I'm concerned about is the possibility that even local LAN games may be dependent on FG's serverside capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by MTBLloyd View Post
    One thing I'm concerned about is the possibility that even local LAN games may be dependent on FG's serverside capacity.
    They're not. If you've selected the "LAN" game type and are connecting by ip address rather than using the "cloud" game type and connecting via the lobby, and if you're having connectivity problems... then they're unrelated to the Smiteworks lobby server. It's hard to speculate on what might be going wrong in your specific case without details, which if you want to provide would probably get more visibility in a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    It's hard to speculate on what might be going wrong in your specific case without details, which if you want to provide would probably get more visibility in a new thread.
    Good point. I'll go ahead and do that and hopefully learn more about FGU troubleshooting in the process.

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same issue and finally found a solution that has held up in our last session (4 hours with 4 people connected). I have Comcast (Xfinity) as my Internet provider. In the router settings is an option to completely disable all Advanced Security settings. Once I turned that off and confirmed my machine's firewall settings everything worked as expected and I didn't have a single disconnect/reconnect event for the entire night.

Thread Information