Starfinder Playlist

Connection Issue - query

Like a number of other people on Unity. I am having significant problems getting my players to connect. I have seen that there is a 42 page thread "stickied" at the top of the forum, along with lots of other threads on firewalls, port forwarding etc. but, being honest, this is not something I would have expected to need to do for a software service I am paying for.

My question:- is this a "feature" that we can expect to continue to be an issue and I should just suck it up and plough through all 42 pages etc, or is it something that is being worked on as part of the FGU development work? To be honest, unless it is the latter, I suspect that I will be dropping my subscription. I appreciate that one person not being happy is not a really big issue for you, but if the platform requires you to be an IT expert in firewalls, routers, IP addressing and IP Configs, I have a suspicion that your future market place may be limited (or.... it could just be that I am in the "hard of thinking" group :-) )

Cheers

There have been issues with connections in Unity and they are being worked on hard.

You don't need to do any port forwarding or such like in Unity if you are connecting via the Cloud. The thread you are referring to is for FG Classic.

See here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Updater-Issues and here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Providefor the latest info on Unity connection issues
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for the updates - good to hear that the issues are being worked on. I suspect I am asking the same question as several hundred other people ;-) - is there any planned fix date for the issues?

I have to admit that I had a steep learning curve with FGU as a DM, but now that I have learned the basics, even though I can see there is a LOT more to learn, I can see the huge potential and am really keen for it to work - it is just that I am worried that if I try to get my group to use it, I will probably only get the one chance to sell them on it. Spending 2 hours trying to solve connection issues may poison the well :-(

Thanks again for the replies, and fingers crossed.

Aiddar

Blog Entries
    Fix date is ASAP. If the resolution was known they could give a date. It is the highest priority issue they have.

That said, the lead developer is work on on it as I type this and I just helped him with a little bit of the testing he is doing. For my situation the fixes he has developed are working. Assuming his testing with others goes as well I would not be surprised if he did not push out an update in the next few hours. But, that all depends upon his testing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Just pushed new build to Live that appears to address for most people. If still an issue, please provide console.log and network.log from both GM and host.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Everyone in your group should update to the newest build 2020-04-04
    If your FGU doesnt show that after updating you might have to uninstall and reinstall again from a new webinstaller.
    So long as you havent pointed your Data and Program files at the same folder manually that should be safe to do.

Thread Information