5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Hexploration

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    Is there a toolset (not necessarily a FG thing) to create a good hex map that imports easily? Or, barring that, is there a good token set for hex maps? Would that even work?
    https://worldographer.com/
    As far as I know, this is the top tier hex mapping software. If anyone knows a more powerful tool (CC3+ level maybe) I'd love to know. Perhaps my favorite capability is child maps. So you can do a world level map, then grab and area and do a zoomed in version, and the software will convert each map on the bigger scale to however many you want in the zoomed in scale. For example, do your world map at 36 miles per hex, then zoom in to 6 miles per hex and it will automate that smaller map, you just clean it up and add the fine details. Then zoom in again to half-mile hexes for the area of a single province. Awesome.

Works great in FG too as you can use pins to show where you have more detailed maps to share with your players.

You can create custom hex icons as well. I really need to learn how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    Could you build a tileset that was just the different size black hex tiles? Then lay those down over the map or even hex shaped tokens then delete them one by one as needed? Man setup would be a pain if you had like 100 tiles do to.
    Or the opposite of this. Create a 'blank' map image with the known regions. Make the rest of the map unknown. Then use terrain tiles to fill in the rest as they explore, placing one tile at a time as they explore.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thread Information