STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players not seeing maps?

I have watched scores of videos and read the Wiki and can't figure out problem. Please help this newb
    I have the Unity One-Time Pricing version. I Hosted a test game (Lost Mine of Phandelver). My son joined the game fine and was able to select a character. We can chat in the chat window and he can see dice rolls in the chat window. But when i open the Cragmaw Hideout Map (player) and the combat tracker he does not see them on his computer. He sees no panels I have open with the exception of the chat window and his character icon in the upper left corner. Any ideas? Also I am now unable to resize the chat window, was able to when I first installed the game. Did I lock it somehow? Thank you for your patience and your time and efforts on my and my players behalf.
    Peace,
    IAmOnePunchMan

MOD: moved to Playtest forum
    Last edited by LordEntrails; March 22nd, 2020 at 19:16.

Blog Entries
    You will need to share the image you wish him to see.

See the stickies at the top of this forum and/or the Help > Wiki (New) link for instructions on how to do this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi IamOnePunchMan welcome to the community.

You need to share resources with your players in order for them to be able to see them. Right click on the map and select share sheet and it will pop up on the players side.

To resize the chat box right click and select unlcok and then resize it and the right click again to lock in the new position.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi everybody,

I am in the same boat exactly and I can't figure out how to share my map with my Players.

I have fantasy Grounds Unity installed and when I right-click, I get...View, and when I click View I get '' Synch client view.''

What should I do?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Korvaak View Post
    Hi everybody,

I am in the same boat exactly and I can't figure out how to share my map with my Players.

I have fantasy Grounds Unity installed and when I right-click, I get...View, and when I click View I get '' Synch client view.''

What should I do?
    I believe "Sync Client View" is only a command found in FGC, and only after you have already shared the image. If an image has already been shared with players (FGC or FGU), then you can either Synch or Reshare the image to get it to pop up on the players' screen, or the player can go into their images list and simple open it. There are other ways as well, but those depend upon the player owning a PC and that PC being put on the map from the Combat Tracker.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks so much for replying so fast

I was clicking on the map.

But I needed to click on the ''red dragon head ''on the left corner of the map, then sharing options came up. now I can do it, Thanks again.

Make sure you try right-clicking as well (on any area, not just images) as you'll often get a multi-choice menu popup.

Quote Originally Posted by Korvaak View Post
    Hi everybody,

What should I do?
    You likely have the map set to background. The share option won't appear if you have set the map to the background. Change it to the normal view and you'll get the share option from right clicking anywhere on the map. You can then set it back to the background if necessary. When in background mode the share option is replaced by sync client view.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    When in background mode the share option is replaced by sync client view.
    I obviously did not know that. Thanks!

Thread Information