DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU "@Ganging up" effect

I have a problem with that effect, it won't apply. I can use the @Attack without any problem, but not the gang up bonus reduction !

Also, is there a way to put such an effect in a power ? I can only make it work on items, attacks or in aptitudes...

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Weptak View Post
    I have a problem with that effect, it won't apply. I can use the @Attack without any problem, but not the gang up bonus reduction !

Also, is there a way to put such an effect in a power ? I can only make it work on items, attacks or in aptitudes...

Thanks in advance.
    In SWADE the Ganging Up was rephrased to Gang Up. Ie. you must use @Gang Up to make it work.

Powers cannot provide effects as is. They usually grant temporary effects that you should create on the fly to CT.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I use the Deluxe explorer edition and I have tried both...

Are you using a map with a grid? You need to be on a map for gang up bonuses to auto apply
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I have used the modifiers table to give the Ganging Up bonus successfuly. My problem is that I'm unable to code an aptitude to reduce that bonus. @Ganging Up does not work in my simulations.

You need to use automation for the gang up effects to work. Don't use the modifiers table. Try it using a map with a grid and it should work
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I know it's been a while, but I had a similar thing on a gridded map. I was expecting the ganging up bonus to be applied. No one got it. It was my understanding that should be automated, as the gang up house rule is set to standard and all other similar things are auto applied. Is that the case or is something else needed? FYI, also using SWADE and FGU.
    Last edited by wyndhydra; April 6th, 2020 at 06:12.

Quote Originally Posted by wyndhydra View Post
    I know it's been a while, but I had a similar thing on a gridded map. I was expecting the ganging up bonus to be applied. No one got it. It was my understanding that should be automated, as the gang up house rule is set to standard and all other similar things are auto applied. Is that the case or is something else needed? FYI, also using SWADE and FGU.
    I've just tried that on SWADE and FGU, and it worked fine for me.

Make sure everyone is on the the same faction too.

Ok. I double checked. Everyone was on the same faction Here is an image of the resulting attack roll. Note parry, was appropriately applied, but had the gang up bonus been applied correctly it would have hit. Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong?

Example.jpg

I can't figure out what you might have done wrong... at least you can modify the totals in the CT if needed...

Thread Information