FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    The issue was that with giants and PCs in close proximity it was very easy for damage that was supposed to be dropped on the PC to be dropped on the giant instead. The issue seemed to be the active indicator with the 4 green chevrons somehow increased the active area of the giant tokens.
    JohnD thanks - much better description.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Logging of class, leve, kits, races added to character sheets and a limited "revert" option.

Quality of life to get to race/kits menus when they are not set and the new logging.

Last edited by celestian; May 12th, 2020 at 05:27.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Wow - awesome, cannot wait to look at this lot.
    EDIT: Assume the above does not work with FGU as just updated and no log button.

Also the "Add level button" generates a script error in FGU and doe snot add level dragging and dropping a level works fine.

[5/12/2020 4:03:56 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1
    Last edited by sadwargamer; May 12th, 2020 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Wow - awesome, cannot wait to look at this lot.
    EDIT: Assume the above does not work with FGU as just updated and no log button.

Also the "Add level button" generates a script error in FGU and doe snot add level dragging and dropping a level works fine.

[5/12/2020 4:03:56 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1

The "preview" above it not on FGC(TEST) or FGU. Wont be till next week and it will be released.

Re: FGU and that error, it sounds like FGU doesn't have another API call that FGC does (dialog popups). I'll report it when I have the chance to test later today.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The latest preview is up on FGC (TEST) and FGU. Please try it out (backup your campaigns!) and let me know if you find any bugs. If all goes well I'll be pushing these out to production next Tuesday.
    ---

Just updated FGU and the following feedback for you:

• Click to Select Class, Race and Kits work great.
    • Clicking add level button causes this script error
      [5/13/2020 11:11:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1
    • Menus still do not work.
    • The LOG button works and shows all entries, I advanced to 3rd level (fighter) normal method as add level button does not work and then I reverted to Level 2, the Fighter lost all levels and Fighter type - ie the class & level box reverted to as new character "click to select..."

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Just updated FGU and the following feedback for you:

• Click to Select Class, Race and Kits work great.
    • Clicking add level button causes this script error
      [5/13/2020 11:11:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1
    • Menus still do not work.
    • The LOG button works and shows all entries, I advanced to 3rd level (fighter) normal method as add level button does not work and then I reverted to Level 2, the Fighter lost all levels and Fighter type - ie the class & level box reverted to as new character "click to select..."
    The messageDialog functions have changed between FGU/FGC and right now, how I use them it's not going to work. Release version will just assume the answer is "yes" in FGU. Infact, in FGC when you use the log revert feature it prompts you for each reversion... in FGU it doesn't ask... which was my intent for the query you found but I've corrected, thanks for the report.

Menus won't show until FGU adds the API functionality FGC has (ability to minimize windows). However you shouldn't get any error when you try and select it in the Preferences area any longer.

I will remove the ability to remove a "class" ... Which is what you actually do by reverting the log entry "gained a level". It's the class record, not all the bits below it.

As you've found people won't understand the nuance there... what you'd actually want to do is remove the entries added by adding the class. You will be able to revert all the features/hp/etc the class added.

I hope that people do take notice of the warning at the top of the log view and export before using these options.

Thanks!
    Last edited by celestian; May 14th, 2020 at 01:25.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I hope that people do take notice of the warning at the top of the log view and export before using these options.
    Perhaps a DM toggle to approve the level up before it's applied?
    Last edited by JohnD; May 14th, 2020 at 04:32.

I just updated my FGU 2E v2020.05.12 and the menus are not there. I change options to sidebar, restart, change to menu, restart and nothing. I even started a new campaign to see if that was the problem. Nope. No menus. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Information