FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 15 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Nice!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I will be submitting an update tomorrow that will remove the "Active/Deactive" visible token option. I am doing this because a lot of DMs are not familiar with it's function and use it. When they do they "lose" tokens and can't figure out what they are doing. There is also the fact that FGC/U both have issues with "hidden" tokens (performance issues). It's not something I could work around (FG has resource issues when dealing with even a moderate amount of data).

After the update is out I will release a extension (not immediately) that will do the same thing. As an extension its something that you have to be aware of before you can use it since you have to download it and install it.

I don't expect this will affect many (if anyone) but I wanted to give a heads up.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Well I for one will be getting the extension as this is a fantastic feature which I do use every game session.

Regarding performace, it certainly has taken a hit lately, its just not as good as a few months back - well thats my perception during play. Additionally when there are more than say 15-20 tokens on combat tracker FGU really suffers, especially if some of them have spell casting powers so anytthing to improve performance is most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Well I for one will be getting the extension as this is a fantastic feature which I do use every game session.

Regarding performace, it certainly has taken a hit lately, its just not as good as a few months back - well thats my perception during play. Additionally when there are more than say 15-20 tokens on combat tracker FGU really suffers, especially if some of them have spell casting powers so anytthing to improve performance is most welcome.
    I will attempt to get the extension out the same week as the update but no promises as my day job is insanely busy right now.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There is a new "Presets" window under effects (for FGU only) that has various light types for candle, lantern/etc. Right now those are the "defaults" that CoreRPG sets. I wasn't aware of the feature until today so... if you want the 2E values, use the "Custom" effects for lighting (from the PHB).

I will be looking into the CoreRPG presets option and see about changing those to match 2E. If I can, I'll remove the "Custom" effects from the PHB so there is no confusion.

This is more of an FYI. I'll see if I can sort out a update for this before Friday but as I have a day job it might have to wait until the weekend and be in the following submission deadline.
    ---

Hi Celestian, Small issue with Light spell effects from effects window:

When I add "LIGHT: 60;Light spell" from the effects window to a character in the Combat tracker, the light effect does not work (same for LIGHT: 20; light spell).
    I need to edit it and add a preset for it to work e.g.; "LIGHT: 60 torch;light spell" or "LIGHT: 60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
    I assume the text after the semi colan is purely descriptive.

Question: Currently if you set say 60ft for a Light effect there is a Fade off of 15ft at the edges, a Light spell would not have such fade off - how do we remvoe the Fade off effect within the Light Spell area please?
    I have worked out that adding /60 after the range will prevent the light effect going beyond the 60ft - "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
    I can almost do the effect using the Lighting panel on the map, as the controlling entry appears to be "Falloff" applicable for both bright and Dim ranges, but that has a minimum entry of 1ft and you woudl have to reset it every time you change dmaps for each character...so not ideal
    Thanks.
    Last edited by sadwargamer; May 19th, 2021 at 09:19.

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Hi Celestian, Small issue with Light spell effects from effects window:

When I add "LIGHT: 60;Light spell" from the effects window to a character in the Combat tracker, the light effect does not work (same for LIGHT: 20; light spell).
    I need to edit it and add a preset for it to work e.g.; "LIGHT: 60 torch;light spell" or "LIGHT: 60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
    I assume the text after the semi colan is purely descriptive.

Question: Currently if you set say 60ft for a Light effect there is a Fade off of 15ft at the edges, a Light spell would not have such fade off - how do we remvoe the Fade off effect within the Light Spell area please?
    I have worked out that adding /60 after the range will prevent the light effect going beyond the 60ft - "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
    I can almost do the effect using the Lighting panel on the map, as the controlling entry appears to be "Falloff" applicable for both bright and Dim ranges, but that has a minimum entry of 1ft and you woudl have to reset it every time you change dmaps for each character...so not ideal
    Thanks.
    That "drop off" or "dim range" or whatever it's called was added after I created the effects. I was not aware that apparently those values are required to negate the drop off/dim. I'm working on Presets this week and trying to figure out a way to negate the drop off/dim as a default since it doesn't fit 2e.
    ---

Excellent Celestian - thank you.

As I mentioned to Celestian in our Discord discussion. The light fade-offs are a trade-off between the light regions that most game systems rely on as well as creating a bit of aesthetics so the boundaries are not so stark. Also, since lights are additive in nature, removing fall-off will cause lights to bloom to white when overlapping almost immediately. The fall-off helps to reduce this bloom effect.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information