DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help with Adding modifiers to a weapon

So I am looking for a little help to make things easier for my players.

I am running an ETU campaign. I have a character that has taken Martial Artist, and the Extracirricular Activity of joining a Martial Arts Club.

Martial Artist should give him a +1 on attack rolls with hands and feet. While fighting club would give him +1 to fighting.

How can I set up an unarmed strike for him in his character sheet that would effectively add a +2 to the attack roll every time.

Having trouble finding out a way to add regular modifiers like that to a "weapon".

Thanks

Panzermeyer

It makes most sense that you'd do it by creating an Unarmed Strike weapon. I looked into doing something similar for a few magic weapons I've added to a campaign and couldn't arrive at a solution. To me it made sense that the Fighting trait bonus should go on the weapon. From all my investigations though, I concluded it's not possible because weapons don't allow for Effects to be added to them. If there was an effects box like there is for Edges, [Fighting +1] could be added. Having no proper documentation and a wiki that looks to have been created when SWEX was the current edition, I did a bit of flailing in the dark and tried to use a weapon Modification the way an Effect is used, but it didn't work.

Hopefully I'm just missing something and there's a way to do it.
    Last edited by kronovan; March 20th, 2020 at 18:09.

I always have players create an unarmed attack on their character sheets. For your martial artist just right click on the attack dice for the unarmed attack, click the modifiers button, then put in the +1 that way. You can add effects to any weapon and they are in effect as long as the weapon is equipped. There is also new notation for effects to only trigger when using that specific weapon and the wiki has recently been updated with those as well.

[QUOTE=mac40k;482862]I always have players create an unarmed attack on their character sheets. For your martial artist just right click on the attack dice for the unarmed attack, click the modifiers button, then put in the +1 that way. You can add effects to any weapon and they are in effect as long as the weapon is equipped.

I considered doing something similar for my magic weapons. In my case though, the player would need to create an attack like "Magic Short Sword", which seems awkward.

There is also new notation for effects to only trigger when using that specific weapon and the wiki has recently been updated with those as well.
    Would it be possible to give the URL to the actual to wiki page? I was browsing the Savage Worlds wiki Effects page last night and it had screen shots of forms that were styled like the SWEX edition of the rules; some of them also had different fields and names that what's in SWADE. I didn't notice anything that seemed to suggest Effects triggered off of specific weapons, but I'm new to this and could easily have overlooked that.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects

What you are looking for is the > effects that only trigger when using that specific attack/weapon rather than just being equipped. For example, the fighting club would have [> Fighting +1] in the weapon's notes field.

Thread Information