STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Chases in SWADE

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    Chases are supported. I refer you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZRk0HAxoS8 for Doswelk's excellent tutorial.
    I quite enjoyed that movie and I managed to do part of a chase.

I added a map, I set a grid, I activated the chase mode, I placed cards at the top of the map/grid.
    I added NPCs to some vehicles as drivers and I added one of the PCs as a driver to another vehicle, placed all of these in an encounter and then added the encounter to the combat tracker.

Then, I tried two things:
    1. dragged the vehicles from the combat tracker onto the map
    2. dragged the vehicles from the encounter container onto the map

In both cases I could use the chase portion of the chase. Basically, rolling maneuver, turn for turn.
    But nothing else I was expecting happened. I could not have passengers do anything like fire at another vehicle.

I tried to drop the NPCs additionally on the vehicle in the combat tracker and then from there to use their shooting skills - but it did not use the range at all and I also could only do that from within the combat tracker.
    Am I missing something or is the chase part all there is?
    Also, I do not seem to get the complications come up when a token is on a club card - again, did I miss anything? : )

For one thing, a complication only occurs if your Initiative card is a club. The suit of the card on the chase track just determines the nature of the complication, so just having a token on a club card on the chase track wouldn't trigger a complication.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    For one thing, a complication only occurs if your Initiative card is a club. The suit of the card on the chase track just determines the nature of the complication, so just having a token on a club card on the chase track wouldn't trigger a complication.
    Ow, damn it, you're right!

Still, just tried it again. Action card King of clubs, nothing happening in regards to complications. Well, the harder thing for me is to do the entire shooting, range skill modifications, etc. Those are also not coming automatically. But not sure if FGU Swade is that clever or I just haven't found it.chase.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Irregular View Post
    Ow, damn it, you're right!

Still, just tried it again. Action card King of clubs, nothing happening in regards to complications. Well, the harder thing for me is to do the entire shooting, range skill modifications, etc. Those are also not coming automatically. But not sure if FGU Swade is that clever or I just haven't found it.chase.PNG
    Its pretty clever, but its not working right now. It has worked on FGU in the past, so some gremlin has made a nest there.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Its pretty clever, but its not working right now. It has worked on FGU in the past, so some gremlin has made a nest there.
    I was coming here to check if I was doing something wrong or there is a bug; certainly it didn’t work for me (using FCU) in last night’s game. The calculation of range was also not working as expected.

Range in a Chase has a few quirks. If you are doing a ranged attack it is best to make sure that there is space around the tokens. If two tokens are in adjacent squares, even if they are on separate chase cards, Fantasy Grounds will see it as a melee attack.

Non-Linear chases (e.g. dogfights) do not seem to work in FGU.

The Ability to create the zone around a card is missing.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I posted about this a few months back. It's currently broken in FGU as far as I can tell.

Thread Information