STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Cthulhu Online during Corvid19 Isolation

Greetings to all, young old ones and Great Cthulhu himself,

My regular RPG Table meetup fixes have been scuppered and to avoid us failing a SAN roll with a HUGE mass loss of Sanity, is anyone currently doing or would like to do online CoC (or other lesser system) campaigns that could either add a new player or would want to join up to try a few one shots (to start with) using media such as SKype, Discord or other online comms?

Cthulhu Ry'lah
    Zac.

As a single person cast adrift from my usual gaming group it would be great to join in some online Cthulhu. I'm not that experienced with FG, only as a player but would love to join a game if you or someone else is running anything.

What day and time are you thinking for these little excursions into madness? I'm eastcoast, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by geewaagh View Post
    What day and time are you thinking for these little excursions into madness? I'm eastcoast, FYI.
    Hi I'm south coast (of the UK) GMT.

I'm currently running a mix of online and in person call of cthulhu using fantasy grounds unity and discord for Horror on orient express - its posted on the game calendar. Send me a message if interested as we could use 1 - 2 more investigators. We play on Sunday from 2 - 6 PST.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin19y View Post
    I'm currently running a mix of online and in person call of cthulhu using fantasy grounds unity and discord for Horror on orient express - its posted on the game calendar. Send me a message if interested as we could use 1 - 2 more investigators. We play on Sunday from 2 - 6 PST.
    Great, trying to do the maths. Is that 7am to 11am GMT?

I am interested in being a CoC player as well

new to CoC looking for campaign

Quote Originally Posted by nick9t1 View Post
    new to CoC looking for campaign
    Hi, since this outbreak and Lockdown I have learnt a lot about online RPG through trial and (lots of) error.
    I will share what I have learnt below. I am mainly interested in non D&D rpg. So big fan of Cthulhu & Delta Green. I also play Warhammer RPG and am interested in Zweihander and (as a big Terry Pratchett fan) Discworld GURPS, but happy to try anything that needs good character role playing

Since my original post, I now am now:
    1) Starting CoC Horror on Orient express campaign this Wednesdays on Fantasy Grounds
    2) I play Discord online version of regular local games club on Thursdays (currently playing 'Mutant Epoch' and rotating to other games /systems).
    3) Regular after school rpg club i run with colleague playing Warhammer RPG 1e 'Enemy Within' via discord.
    4) Alternative Fridays 11pm transatlantic game of Delta Green via Roll20 and discord.
    5) I have played several one shot CoC and Delta Green adventures on Roll20 and Discord. Mainly with LRC (London Rolwplaying Club - Large group of nice people I joined via Meetup)
    6) I have been recruited to play CoC Masks of Nyalathotep campaign and Mobsters that are due to start soon but need to find date / time.

My point is not to show off that I am living the RPG life of my teenage dreams (30 years too late), it is that there are several good ways to find games to play online and it kinda snowballs. (To the point that, as I am still keyworking from home AND home schooling, I need to strike a balance between my family and fantasy life.)

TOP TIPS
    1) Get a discord account. Lots of games happen there and once you join a few servers, you will find more.
    2) voice only games work best K.I.S.S. (video is flakey with the current high demand). You can share images, maps, character sheets on a discord channel.
    3) ROLL20 is great for finding and applying to join games. Also games played on there can use live maps and virtual dice rolls.
    4) Meetup - Lots of games recruit on here. Join a group and with Lockdown, the geography no longer matters. There are even weekend and Bank Holiday events, with loads of games running. (LRC are very nice and welcoming with good GMs)
    5) Be patient. It takes a while and if you behave and play nicely you get even more invites.

I've only found 1 game on FG, you may have more luck, but as I said; I'm not into DnD. All of this just #myOpinion.

Happy to help if you are on discord ask me
    Stay safe, keep sane, unless you meet Cthulhu
    Zac - @Zax #5633

Thread Information