DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Support for Pathfinder 2e?

Greetings,

I am a 3rd party creator and I recently released a new Character manager for Pathfinder second edition.
    TOS 2nd allows users to create and manage their Pathfinder 2nd edition characters.

I am interested to know if there is a way to have Fantasy Grounds IMPORT characters created in TOS 2nd?
    The output of TOS 2nd are INI-style text files that contain information.

Thank you for your time

TheOnlySheet

Fantasy Grounds imports character data in an XML format. So TOS 2nd would need to create a XML file in the correct format, or there would need to be an intermediary conversion process that takes a TOS 2nd file and converts it to a FG XML file.

I’ve moved this thread to the Pathfinder 2.0 forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Fantasy Grounds imports character data in an XML format. So TOS 2nd would need to create a XML file in the correct format, or there would need to be an intermediary conversion process that takes a TOS 2nd file and converts it to a FG XML file.

I’ve moved this thread to the Pathfinder 2.0 forum.
    Would there be anyone or can I find anyone available at FG to build this import function?
    I'm more than willing to work with this person to get this done!

Thank you for your time!

TOS

Is there a document that explain the character file format used in FG?

For example, TOS 2nd PRO edition can save the Character file in a small file that can be shared.
    I assume FG can do the same; Is the format used available somewhere?

If not, are there sample files that can be found that would showcase this?

TOS

There are a few pregen FG XML files in this post and a few following posts: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post447951

The specific FG fields aren't documented anywhere.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 24th, 2020 at 08:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There are a few pregen FG XML files in this post and a few following posts: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post447951

The specific FG fields aren't documented anywhere.
    I see. Withoutthe help of one of the Devs, this would be a game of guessing...
    I tried contacting them to no avail.

I'll investigate other venues.

Thank you for your time!!
    TOS

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlySheet View Post
    Withoutthe help of one of the Devs, this would be a game of guessing...
    I tried contacting them to no avail.
    The devs just don't have the time to help out with extraneous things like this at present - with the FGU open beta and lots of new users they're completely under the pump.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As Trenloe says, we're barely holding on with all the new users and support we have. Please try us again in a couple weeks via e-mail.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As Trenloe says, we're barely holding on with all the new users and support we have. Please try us again in a couple weeks via e-mail.

Regards,
    JPG
    Certainly - I'll contact the support email next month (unless there is another email I should be using? If so, feel free to PM it to me, thx!)

Regards,
    TOS

Thread Information