DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Visibility of enemies

LMoP, encounter P1-04.02. Goblin Blind
    There is an encounter with goblins. When I open the encounter, and add encounter to Combat Tracker, goblins are hidden in Combet Tracker and on the map as well.

What I want:
    When a goblin is in view of PC, I want the goblin is visible in both combat tracker and on the map.

What I can do:
    I, as a GM, can set visibility of the goblins manually on the map by clicking one by one Visibility > Mask Sensitive Visibility. When player comes to a point where he can see the goblin, he can see it on the map, but not in the combat tracker. I have to manually make the goblin visible in Combat Tracker by clicking the eye icon.

What I would like to do:
    Somehow set the visibility of the goblins to Mask Sensitive Visibility at once (not one by one), and when a goblin is in vew of PC, the goblin should be made visible in Combat Tracker automatically.

Question:
    Can I make the visibility to Mask Sensitive more automatically for a group of enemies at once like I'd like to?
    Last edited by ShadoWWW; March 19th, 2020 at 15:10.

Basically no. Visibility is handled by the CT and not the token. So an NPC will remain invisible on the map if it's set to invisible on the CT - no matter whether it is LOS of a PC or not. Only once the NPC is made visible on the CT will it show to any token within whose line of sight it is in. You can only set mask sensitivity on a per token basis and that has no effect on the visibility of the token on the CT.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Basically no. Visibility is handled by the CT and not the token. So an NPC will remain invisible on the map if it's set to invisible on the CT - no matter whether it is LOS of a PC or not. Only once the NPC is made visible on the CT will it show to any token within whose line of sight it is in. You can only set mask sensitivity on a per token basis and that has no effect on the visibility of the token on the CT.
    Well that seems like the kind of thing that should be fixed.

Clicking individual tokens to set their visibility after the fact is so much slower.

+1 on this. That would make the product so much better.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

It's at least possible to unhide a token that's placed in a hidden state. If you drop a token in a visible area for an invisible creature, the players have seen it. You can hide it, but the cat's out of the bag. Not to mention someone that drops an encounter that's about to happen but for which the monsters aren't in position yet from the player's perspective. Do you remember where every monster is and where every player can see, or are you about to show a bunch of NPCs that aren't supposed to appear for another minute.

It's not at all clear to me that LoS driven is a better default behavior than hard-hidden.

Thread Information