DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU Mac 2020-03-13 problems with unlock/edit pane

On Mac 2020-03-13 version, clicking the unlock button on a map to get the masking/edit pane only shows the pane when the map is in a maximized mode. When the map is windowed, the yellow edit/masking pane does not show up.

When re-windowing from maximized where some of the mask was un-masked, the entire mask goes black again.

Effectively, the Mac host can't unmask and share the unmask properly with the client. Makes masking impossible on the Mac host.
    Last edited by zuilin; March 18th, 2020 at 19:28. Reason: Added another condition.

I'm not sure if I'm following what you are saying correctly. Can you provide some screenshots of the window with the missing pane?

Thanks,
    JPG

All images are the GM's screen:

In image 1.png the map is in a window and unlocked but there are no masking/unmasking tools available. The "share" context menu is available. But since I can't mask/unmask here, sharing is useless.

1.png

In image 2.png the map is maximized by clicking the up-to-the-right-corner arrow button once. Now the masking tools are available, but the "share" context menu is not. I can mask/unmask but I can't share anymore. I have unmasked a section to show you what comes next, when I go back to a windowed version.

2.png

In image 3.png I've now re-clicked the little down-to-the-bottom-left button re-window the map. Now the unmasking is gone! So much for sharing my unmasked map!

3.png

Finally, in image 4.png to see what would happen, I completely maximized the screen with the map. (I don't know what you call each click of the maximize button...there is mostly-fill-the-screen and completely-fill-the-screen-after-clicking-the-up-right-arrow-twice.) Again, no way to share.

4.png
    Last edited by zuilin; March 19th, 2020 at 21:48. Reason: Getting the images right.

Thanks very much for the pictures, and additional explanations. This helps a lot.

I've filed the mask not saving or displaying when swapping as task FGU-978. I need to investigate the missing data control and lock situation a little more, but may file a task for that one too based on what I find.

Regards,
    JPG

Incidentally, to make sure I wasn't crazy, I just tried in FGU Windows as well. Both Mac and Windows versions are of today's date: 2020-03-19. In Windows, while a map is in windowed mode the lock/unlock works as expected as does share. In maximized mode (either one) the sharing button is missing.

Thread Information