FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Havent been able to get any of my players free this weekend to test FGU. Not sure why though as we are all supposed to be in lockdown. Will post here as soon as we have managed to try those methods.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Make sure each and every player also has that version. Make them send you screen shots of their FG launch screen, don't just have them tell you "Yea, I've updated."
    I've found that many problems that don't show up in these forums as reported bugs are simply due to mismatched versions.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Check if you have LOS turned on.
    Unlock map (if locked), click the d20 icon in the right sidebar, click the eye. If that doesn't fix it, click the eye again so you don't cause yourself an issue later and lock the image again.
    Everyone's version was updated, but I think it was this solution that solved the problem. Many thanks bmos and all.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've started hitting an issue with the player's map going black during combat. Using FGU / 5e, all players updated, LOS enabled. The map goes black during combat - sometimes resharing the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes re-synching the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes closing and re-opening the map fixes it, sometimes not. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I have a couple of extensions running (Rob 2e stuff) that have never caused issues before.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've started hitting an issue with the player's map going black during combat. Using FGU / 5e, all players updated, LOS enabled. The map goes black during combat - sometimes resharing the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes re-synching the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes closing and re-opening the map fixes it, sometimes not. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I have a couple of extensions running (Rob 2e stuff) that have never caused issues before.
    Tried this:

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Check if you have LOS turned on.
    Unlock map (if locked), click the d20 icon in the right sidebar, click the eye. If that doesn't fix it, click the eye again so you don't cause yourself an issue later and lock the image again.

LOS is turned on Jiminimonka; will try turning it off and on again as you describe in my next game and see if that helps, but doing that regularly will be a pain!

If you have a particular scenario where the player token is not being able to be selected and LoS is not updating, we are looking for campaign data that shows the issue, so we can track down the cause. (i.e. zipped up copy of GM campaign; plus name of map and player/PC token(s) affected)

Thanks,
    JPG

Update to this thread; we still see the black map when the player tries to select his token. However, I found that by turning party vision on, the players can see the map again. However, that's not the mode I want to be in. All software is fully updated, and I am running Storm King's Thunder for this group. My other campaign does not have this issue; all other settings are the same, but I am running Princes of the Apocalypse in this group. Can I just check exactly what you need to see? There's a whole bunch of folders in there!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Update to this thread; we still see the black map when the player tries to select his token. However, I found that by turning party vision on, the players can see the map again. However, that's not the mode I want to be in. All software is fully updated, and I am running Storm King's Thunder for this group. My other campaign does not have this issue; all other settings are the same, but I am running Princes of the Apocalypse in this group. Can I just check exactly what you need to see? There's a whole bunch of folders in there!
    There is a folder inside /campaigns which is the same name as your campaign. So that folder is what Moon Wizard wants.

Thanks Jiminimonka - will send that detail to him now.

Thread Information