STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FGU Windows 2020-03-16 black map screen for players (Win or Mac) when maximized

When a player on the Windows or Mac client maximizes a map which has masking, being shared from a Windows host, the whole map goes black.

If the player then un-maximizes the window back to a floating window, the map stays black.

The only way to view the map with the correct masking is for the GM to un-share and re-share the masked map.
    Last edited by zuilin; March 18th, 2020 at 19:23.

Wow I experienced this last night after installing FGU for the first time. I thought it was something I was doing wrong and was going to investigate it further. In other words, Can confirm.

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-973.

Regards,
    JPG

This has been happening to me a lot in the group I play in.
    It is the same issue I posted about here. FGU-961

I can also add that this happens when the DM is on a Mac, as well.
    Last edited by bmos; March 20th, 2020 at 20:21. Reason: add Mac info

Until this problem, which I am also getting is sorted, my game is a bit stuck. I think in my case its because I have a big party (6 players and 3 followers), and are now facing 4 goblins. In all 13 tokens on the screen, which Classic was able to handle fine. Unfortunatly one of my players is playing via a Mac, so that knocked Classic on the head. Now I`m twiddling my thumbs.
    Last edited by Gumbledook; May 24th, 2020 at 14:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbledook View Post
    Until this problem, which I am also getting is sorted, my game is a bit stuck. I think in my case its because I have a big party (6 players and 3 followers), and are now facing 4 goblins. In all 13 tokens on the screen, which Classic was able to handle fine. Unfortunatly one of my players is playing via a Mac, so that knocked Classic on the head. Now I`m twiddling my thumbs.
    This bug has been fixed for quite a while. Weeks at least.
    Are you sill running version 2020-03-16?

I have had nearly that many tokens onscreen in Unity without any black screen issues.

Hello, I am running v4.0.0 ULTIMATE 2020-05-20

Check if you have LOS turned on.
    Unlock map (if locked), click the d20 icon in the right sidebar, click the eye. If that doesn't fix it, click the eye again so you don't cause yourself an issue later and lock the image again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbledook View Post
    Hello, I am running v4.0.0 ULTIMATE 2020-05-20
    Make sure each and every player also has that version. Make them send you screen shots of their FG launch screen, don't just have them tell you "Yea, I've updated."

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Many thanks, all sound advice. I will contact a few of them now to test it out.

Thread Information