STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Version 1.10.

Damage tracking works - if a character has targeted another in the Combat Tracker, then rolls damage, the damage will automatically be applied to the target (after subtracting Stopped Hits).
    Healing - just a little bonus feature, I added a right-click menu to the Current Hits field in the Player Character menu. You can select 1 pt, 2 pts, 3 pts, or Full healing. Don't forget to include a Physicker in your party!

Version 1.11

No major changes, but characters now display their total points in the Character Selection window, I removed the "Points" column from NPCs (this was a holdover from GURPS), and made some of the Effects and Modifiers buttons mutually exclusive (so you cannot simultaneously select "Aim for Head" and "Aim for Hand" or "Double Damage" and "Triple Damage").

Version 1.12

I am not going to keep doing daily updates forever, but I keep wanting to add one more feature...

So, I finally got selection of factions in the Combat Tracker working. In TFT, after an initiative roll, the winning side gets to choose who moves first - now you can click the faction buttons at the bottom (but only when the turn button is set to "Init Order") to reorder them in the CT.

Also, I prettied up some of the icons and fixed some other minor stuff.

2020-04-24.png

Version 1.13

Many pretty features have been added in the latest version.

While the list of features and nice-to-haves is endless, I really think we're at a fully functional state. I've run a couple of playtests using the current ruleset, and nothing was broken and no missing features hindered actually playing the game.

So, below is the current README with features and TODO list, and the latest version of the ruleset attached as a PAK file.

# fg-tft
    Fantasy Grounds ruleset for [The Fantasy Trip](https://thefantasytrip.game/).
    By David Edelstein (AmadanNaBriona on [Fantasy Grounds](https://www.fantasygrounds.com)).
    Based on the GURPS ruleset written by Brian Ronnle (aka Ronnke), and the CoreRPG ruleset by SmiteWorks.
    Other contributors: Brian Ronnle, David Bofinger.

Octopus icon made by [Freepik](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/freepik) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)
    Sword icon made by [Good Ware](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/good-ware) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)

# Tips

## CREATING ITEMS:

* If you enter "Defense", "Melee Weapon", or "Ranged Weapon" in the "Type" field, the appropriate subfields will appear, and the item will appear in the appropriate group.

## CHARACTERS

* Right-click an Attribute to get the option of rolling something other than 3d6 (when you need to roll 5/DX for example).
    * Secondary attributes should display bonuses resulting from Talents. For example, Toughness (self-explanatory) or Initiative bonuses for Tactics or Strategy. Note that the initiative bonus will only apply for individual rolls (see below) or if that character is selected as "Leader" in the Combat Tracker.
    * "Mana" is meant to display the Fatigue a wizard currently has available in his or her Staff.
    * Right-click "Hits" to open a healing menu (to heal 1, 2, 3, or all hits). You can also simply manually enter a new value in the Hits box.

### Equipment

* If you drag an item from the Items menu onto a character's Inventory tab, it will appear there. If it is a Weapon or Defense, it will also appear in the Combat section on the main page. Dragging a Weapon or Defense onto the front page will also add it there, but will NOT automatically add it to the character's Inventory.
    * If you delete an item from the weapons/defense list, it doesn't automatically unequip in the Inventory list. However, items that do not initially appear in the weapons/armor list will be automatically equipped on initialization if you click the Inventory tab and they are equipped.
    * Toggling from Equipped to Carried/Not Carried on the inventory list will add/remove (respectively) weapons and armor from the combat sheet.
    * MA and DX penalties are automatically applied based on encumbrance (see the lower left frame of the Inventory tab). If your Encumbrance is greater than your lift capacity, MA and adjDX will be reduced to 0!
    * Entering a capacity item (e.g. Belt Pouch or Backpack) in an item's Location on the Inventory sheet will place it as a sub-entry beneath the carrying item.

## COMBAT TRACKER

* From the Menu, the Initiative submenu lets the GM roll for everyone, for friendlies only, or for all non-friendlies. By default, the same initiative roll will be assigned to an entire side.
    * You can assign a "Leader" to a side by checking the star in the Leader column. That Leader's Initiative Bonus (if any) will be applied to the roll.
    * PCs can also roll their initiatives individually by clicking on their "Init. Bonus" box. This will insert their roll into the CT for that character.
    * There is a button at the bottom that toggles between "Init Order" and "adjDX Order." In TFT, there is a move phase by initiative roll, then actions in adjDX order. Toggle this to reorder combatants after everyone has finished their moves, then again after everyone has completed their actions. (It will also advance automatically at the end of each phase if using the next actor button.)
    * Since whoever wins initiative gets to choose which side goes first, clicking the Faction buttons at the bottom WHILE IN INIT ORDER will force that faction to the top. (E.g., the PCs win initiatiave and want the other side to move first. Click the "Foes" button and they will be moved to the top while in Init order.)
    * In the Options menu, in the "Combat (GM)" section, there is a "Turn: Auto switch initiative order" option. If turned on, then when advancing initiative order on the CT, the CT will automatically toggle from Init order to AdjDX order before advancing to the next round.
    * The GM can roll NPC attacks from the Combat Tracker. PC attacks are not added to the CT; players are expected to roll those (or the GM can do so by accessing the PC's character sheet).

## MAPS

* Choose the "Map Scale" button at the top to cycle from Hexes to Megahexes to various larger scales, per TFT.
    * The range penalty displayed is for informational purposes only - it is not automatically applied to any rolls. You must do this yourself.

# TODO list (as of Version 1.13):

Split MA for flying/swimming creatures (NPCS too)
    Specify Wizard/Hero characters
    Proper accounting for Hits, Wounds, Fatigue, and Mana.
    Should Talents have categories? **
    Add Field for ST-based Unarmed Combat damage? **
    Racial templates? **
    Armor and weapons cost/weight change by size rating ***
    The radial menu dial allowing selection of different numbers of dice doesn't work for adjDX fields for PC weapon entries. *
    Account for other adjDX effcts in CT. *
    Order Polearm attacks first in CT. *
    Remove languages tab *

* In development (Bofinger)
    ** Low priority, nice to have?
    *** Probably won't do

Done:
    * Added adjST and adjIQ
    * Changed Hexes to Size (S/M/L or Hex number)
    * Added health color tracking in CT
    * Made Modifier buttons cyclable and reduced menu size.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...1&d=1588038273
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AmadanNaBriona; May 7th, 2020 at 03:18.

When are we playing TFT on Fantasy Grounds Unity? What date, time, and time zone?

I haven't set a date for another playtest yet.

Version 1.14

Version 1.14 has better fonts, improved defense options, a Hero/Wizard selection feature, better accounting of Wounds and Fatigue, and lots of other stuff.

Last edited by AmadanNaBriona; May 13th, 2020 at 01:26.

I would like to know if it would be possible to record a gameplay and even an example of character creation, from the general operational of this ruleset, I would be very happy to know in practice, being used by people who know it.

Hmm, I have never tried recording what I do, though I'm sure I have the apps to do it with. One of my other playtesters did record one of our sessions, I think, though it was with an earlier version. I'll see what I can do.

Version 1.16

Lots of new features! Attacks now can select the attack type, which affects adjDX order. PCs can select their combat action - Dodge, Defend, Other, or a weapon attack. Wounds are correctly counted against ST. And Races, Spells, and Talents are now available! Create them in your campaign data, and players can drag them onto their character sheets. Racial attacks and defenses will be added automatically along with other traits.

(Because I do not have permission to distribute SJG content, the examples you see below are from my personal library. GMs will likewise have to create their own equipment, monster, spell, and talent lists.)

Note: The screenshot below is from FG Unity. Most testing has been done on FG Classic, but I am reasonably confident that all features work correctly on FGU as well.

# fg-tft
    Fantasy Grounds ruleset for [The Fantasy Trip](https://thefantasytrip.game/).
    By David Edelstein (AmadanNaBriona on [Fantasy Grounds](https://www.fantasygrounds.com)).
    Based on the GURPS ruleset written by Brian Ronnle (aka Ronnke), and the CoreRPG ruleset by SmiteWorks.
    Other contributors: Brian Ronnle, David Bofinger.
    Talents icon by <a href='https://ya-webdesign.com'>https://ya-webdesign.com</a>

Octopus icon made by [Freepik](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/freepik) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)
    Sword icon made by [Good Ware](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/good-ware) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)
    Goblin by parkjisun from the Noun Project

# Tips

## CHARACTERS

* Click "Hero" or "Wizard" in the box at the top right to select the character type. Note that point costs for starting characters must still be calculated manually.
    * Right-click an Attribute to get the option of rolling something other than 3d6 (when you need to roll 5/DX for example).
    * Initiative bonus represents the bonus from Tactics or Strategy. Note that the initiative bonus will only apply for individual rolls (see below) or if that character is selected as "Leader" in the Combat Tracker.
    * "Hits" is equal to ST - (Wounds + Fatigue). Fatigue must currently be entered manually. Wounds will automatically be applied if a character is Targeted (in the CT) and damaged. Note that changing any of these values manually may require some manual adjustments to the others, though generally, adding to Wounds/Fatigue will automatically reduce Hits.
    * Right-click "Hits" or "Wounds" to open a healing menu (to heal 1, 2, 3, or all Wounds). You can also simply manually enter a new value in the Hits box. Fatigue must be changed manually.
    * The Weapon list is for both weapons, and for different types of attacks (Unarmed, different attack modes for a weapon - thrown spears, spears in one or two hands, etc.)
    * Choose an Option to represent the kind of attack, which will appear on the CT tracker
    * The Defense list represents both equipment and other defensive abilities; e.g., protective spells, Toughness, etc.
    * Defenses have a "Cover" icon: "Full" is for armor and other defenses that apply in all situations. "Frontal" is for Shields and other defenses that apply only vs. frontal attacks. "Melee" is for Parrying and other defenses that only apply to frontal melee attacks. These can also have values for penalties to attackers' adjDX. All these values will be reflected in the fields at the bottom of the character sheet. However, the CT currently takes the "Melee" value as the default Stopped Hits value applied to damage. There is not (yet) any automation to account for different attack types or facing, so damage inflicted may have to be adjusted manually. Also note that the penalty to attackers' adjDX is not (yet) automatically figured into attack rolls.

## Equipment

* If you drag an item from the Items menu onto a character's Inventory tab, it will appear there. If it is a Weapon or Defense, it will also appear in the Combat section on the main page. Dragging a Weapon or Defense onto the front page will also add it there, but will NOT automatically add it to the character's Inventory.
    * If you delete an item from the weapons/defense list, it doesn't automatically unequip in the Inventory list. However, items that do not initially appear in the weapons/armor list will be automatically equipped on initialization if you click the Inventory tab and they are equipped.
    * Toggling from Equipped to Carried/Not Carried on the inventory list will add/remove (respectively) weapons and armor from the combat sheet.
    * MA and DX penalties are automatically applied based on encumbrance (see the lower left frame of the Inventory tab). If your Encumbrance is greater than your lift capacity, MA and adjDX will be reduced to 0!
    * Entering a capacity item (e.g. Belt Pouch or Backpack) in an item's Location on the Inventory sheet will place it as a sub-entry beneath the carrying item.

## COMBAT TRACKER

* From the Menu, the Initiative submenu lets the GM roll for everyone, for friendlies only, or for all non-friendlies. By default, the same initiative roll will be assigned to an entire side.
    * You can assign a "Leader" to a side by checking the star in the Leader column. That Leader's Initiative Bonus (if any) will be applied to the roll.
    * PCs can also roll their initiatives individually by clicking on their "Init. Bonus" box. This will insert their roll into the CT for that character.
    * There is a button at the bottom that toggles between "Move Order" and "Action Order." In TFT, there is a move phase by initiative roll, then actions in adjDX order. Toggle this to reorder combatants after everyone has finished their moves, then again after everyone has completed their actions. (It will also advance automatically at the end of each phase if using the next actor button.)
    * The Options PCs select will set adjDX modifiers and move them accordingly on the CT. This includes going first (for Charging characters) and an archer firing 2x per round going last with their second shot.
    * In the Options menu, in the "Combat (GM)" section, there is a "Turn: Auto switch initiative order" option. If turned on, then when advancing initiative order on the CT, the CT will automatically toggle from Move order to Action order before advancing to the next round.
    * Since whoever wins initiative gets to choose which side goes first, clicking the Faction buttons at the bottom WHILE IN MOVE ORDER will force that faction to the top. (E.g., the PCs win initiatiave and want the other side to move first. Click the "Foes" button and they will be moved to the top while in Init order.)
    * The GM can roll NPC attacks from the Combat Tracker. PC attacks are not added to the CT; players are expected to roll those (or the GM can do so by accessing the PC's character sheet).

## CREATING ITEMS:

* If you enter "Defense", "Melee Weapon", or "Ranged Weapon" in the "Type" field, the appropriate subfields will appear, and the item will appear in the appropriate group.
    * Defense Items can be set to "Full" (meaning defense applies to all attacks - e.g., most armor), "Frontal" (meaning defense applies only to frontal attacks - e.g. shields), and "Melee" (meaning defense only applies to frontal melee attacks - e.g. main-gauches).

## MAPS

* Choose the "Map Scale" button at the top to cycle from Hexes to Megahexes to various larger scales, per TFT.
    * The range penalty displayed is for informational purposes only - it is not automatically applied to any rolls. You must do this yourself.

# TODO list (as of Version 1.16:

Allow NPCs to choose Options on the CT, adjusting their adjDX, etc. in the same way as PCs
    Automate Fatigue costs for spells
    Allow NPC templates to be equipped with both weapons and defenses
    Automate modifiers and stopped hits according to facing
    Use Att, Defender, and Range modifiers for to-hit rolls
    Mana (Staff/Powerstone Fatigue)?

# Done:
    * Wizard/Hero characters
    * Wounds are a separate attribute on CT and Charsheets.
    * Removed mana (for now).
    * Added points for Spells and Talents.
    * Fixed fonts
    * PCs can attack with multiple dice
    * Attacks allow selecting the attack modifier, which adjusts DX on CT
    * Added Options to character turns
    * Improved CT sorting
    * Added Field for ST-based Unarmed Combat damage
    * Templates for Races, Talents, Spells. Can be added automatically to character sheets.
    Last edited by AmadanNaBriona; May 19th, 2020 at 15:49.

Thread Information