STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Version 1.6 - range mods are now displayed on the map for Missile and Thrown.

The remaining items on the TODO list are "nice to haves," and I am going to take a break on trying to add features. Instead I'm going to build a sample library and maybe an adventure or two as a proof-of-concept. I'll still take requests for bug fixes or urgently-needed features, but I think the ruleset is now fully playable with about as much automation as is really needed. Anyone else who would like to contribute, please contact me. Besides more features, some sprucing up of the look and feel would be nice if anyone has graphics skillz.

Since SJG is now taking an interest in Fantasy Grounds as a platform, I'd really appreciate hearing reports from actual play, or links to TFT games in progress.

I got this error in FGU when I open any note in the player sheet (no extensions loaded)

[4/15/2020 10:19:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file (graphics/languages/Ladino.ttf) for font (Ladino). [GURPS BANESTORM LANGUAGES] [graphics/graphics_languages.xml]
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find normal font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find title font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Could not find font for fontName

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I got this error in FGU when I open any note in the player sheet (no extensions loaded)

[4/15/2020 10:19:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file (graphics/languages/Ladino.ttf) for font (Ladino). [GURPS BANESTORM LANGUAGES] [graphics/graphics_languages.xml]
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find normal font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find title font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
    [4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Could not find font for fontName
    Okay, there is a problem with the charsheet notes - I also get error messages. Trying to track that down now.

I have no idea why you are seeing references to GURPS Banestorm and Ladino, though. That appears nowhere in the TFT ruleset. Are you sure you didn't have some other module loaded while testing it?

Forget the GURPS source, I used the same log and it was wrong.

Okay, I think I fixed the charsheet notes problem. Will have a fix uploaded shortly.

Updated: Version 1.7

Version 1.7 should fix the font problem in FG Unity. I've also changed slightly the TODO list.

Posting comments from my playtest thread, so I can consolidate feature requests on one place:

Quote Originally Posted by Tollenkar View Post
    I'm not sure where the modifier for shield Expertise goes? Also, is there any way to make a column in the Talent area to keep track of the IQ costs for each talent. I put it in manually in () next to the talent name.
    Right now, not everything is handled automatically - defensive bonuses for Expertise is one of the things that will have to be manually applied in play. I've been discussing this with David Bofinger. We have a couple of different ideas about how (e.g.) Shield Expertise, facing, etc., should be represented, so one of the purposes of this playtest is to solicit input.

I intended the IQ column to represent the minimum IQ for each talent/spell. I hadn't really thought about adding up the point costs, since after character creation, you spend XPs. Should there be a separate column for how many points are spent during character creation?

Quote Originally Posted by amenditman View Post
    @Amaden, I noticed that cost and weight are listed for weapons on Main and on Inventory. Should it be both? Kind of weird having it on the Main under weapon stats as I have to list one weapon twice to account for using it the different ways it can be used.
    Yes, moving cost and weight off the front page is on my todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollenkar View Post
    Amadan: A cost column would be nice for the Items Carried and the Weapons charts. Something that would automatically add up the cost of all Items. Great job with the rest of the character sheet setup.
    Cost (and total cost) is also on the todo list. I tried to do that yesterday, but found out adding a new column to the inventory list is a pain because it inherits from CoreRPG, and I haven't figured out an easy way to extend it.

Version 1.8 is now up.

Following our first actual playtest, I made a few changes in the combat sheet - weight and cost has been removed from the combat list, and cost for each item was added to the Inventory list. Additionally, the inventory list now summarizes the total cost of a character's equipment.

Changed the attack rolls to account for 4-5 dice attacks when calculating critical/automatic hits and misses.

The TODO list describes roughly what I will work on next. David Bofinger has proposed a number of changes to the sheet which we are discussing, including where and how to represent things like adjDX and hits stopped that varies according to relative facing, showing different weapon ranges, whether defenses should be toggled individually, etc.

Version 1.9.

Modifiers and Effects have been added!

You and your team are really on this. Thanks for all the hard work!

Thread Information