DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Dual DM Games

Ok, explain what you mean by co-DM, and how it would work in FG. Are you implying that this term is somehow universally understood? Because it isn't.

Let's go with the premise that multiple DMs each paid the for the ultimate edition, what functionality is implied?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev View Post
    No because I mean "co-GM" when I say "co-GM". They'd have to be in my campaign with me as host and all I'm doing is granting them additional privileges. They would not have the ability to go off on their own and take advantage of my purchases unless they were already in a game I am hosting. Again, roll20 does this. Even if they pay for the ultimate license we can't both join the same game and have DM powers. It has nothing to do with your cost straw man.
    It gets discussed once or twice a year. If you want, you can vote for it on the wishlist; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40882

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Are you implying that this term is somehow universally understood? Because it isn't.
    First of all, yes it is. Just because you don't know what I'm talking about doesn't mean it's not generally understood. Also, you literally confirmed that you know what it means to co-DM in person... AGAIN, roll20 has this already and is arguably the most popular VTT out there so yeah, people know what it is and it's a commonly requested feature here, as confirmed by LordEntrails just now. I'm here because I think FG is far superior to roll20, except on this one point. Second, are you even paying attention? I literally listed every single thing that a player cannot do while connected to a game, that they would need to do in order to co-DM. I'm gonna guess you haven't actually DM'd a game using FG. I'm not going to argue just for the sake of arguing. The whole thing is moot anyway because it's not even on the FG dev team's radar, which is fine, I was just fantasizing.
    Last edited by CatDadCode; March 18th, 2020 at 22:31.

Blog Entries
    Let's stay chill folks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Let's stay chill folks.
    Sorry. I'm easily provoked today for some reason. Apologies to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ok, explain what you mean by co-DM, and how it would work in FG. Are you implying that this term is somehow universally understood? Because it isn't.

Let's go with the premise that multiple DMs each paid the for the ultimate edition, what functionality is implied?
    What is meant by a Co-DM would basically be two people DMing the same game; one might be in charge of the storytelling and the other would be in charge of combat. It would require that two people be able to 'host' fantasy grounds at the same time which the current architecture doesn't allow.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It occurs to me that this could have a secondary benefit of being a way to fudge multi-monitor support (at least for those running the game), by being able to have a second instance of the program with dm powers on a second monitor

Thread Information