FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dual DM Games

Dual DM Games

Does unity support 2 DM's or will it be like classic?

Same as classic. I wish there was a way to co-DM though. That's the one and only thing roll20 has on FG in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    I dont think its even on the road map.

Quote Originally Posted by Chev View Post
    I know. Just fantasizing.
    What's the fantasy? That FG was half price?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    What's the fantasy? That FG was half price?
    That FG would someday get a co-DM mode...?

Quote Originally Posted by Chev View Post
    That FG would someday get a co-DM mode...?
    In real life, co-DM mode is done by saying, "Ok, you DM next." Why can't that be done in FG as it is now? If you want to keep the same characters etc. just copy the campaign over to the other persons computer.

Do you actually DM in FG? Players cannot see through fog of war. They cannot see non-public pins. They cannot access any of the tools in maps to draw, stamp, tile, etc. They cannot access any LOS functionality. They cannot access non-public maps, story entries, etc. They cannot access other players' character sheets. Yes I could have everyone disconnect, zip up my campaign, upload it to Google Drive, send it to my co-GM, they could download it and load it up. But then they don't have an ultimate license and none of the demo players can connect. Even if they do have an ultimate license they don't have all the same purchased modules I do. And even if they did have all that I would have to connect as a player and we'd have to do it all in reverse to give me back control, lmao. I don't know how you can compare this to DM'ing in person, lol. To top it off roll20 has set a precedent here because they *have* a co-GM mode; you can elevate any player in your campaign to DM and then they have access to the same tools as the main DM. That's what I wish we had here.
    Last edited by CatDadCode; March 18th, 2020 at 22:11.

I'm not comparing it to anything, I was simply curious about what you meant.

But since you mention that the other person doesn't have an Ultimate license it does seem that you simply want FG at a reduced cost. As I originally stated.

Note: I'm not a SW employee or a moderator here. Merely a member of a free forum.

No because I mean "co-GM" when I say "co-GM". They'd have to be in my campaign with me as host and all I'm doing is granting them additional privileges. They would not have the ability to go off on their own and take advantage of my purchases unless they were already in a game I am hosting. Again, roll20 does this. Even if they pay for the ultimate license we can't both join the same game and have DM powers. It has nothing to do with your cost straw man.
    Last edited by CatDadCode; March 18th, 2020 at 22:17.

Thread Information