STAR TREK 2d20

Modifying Encumbrance

Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to modify the effective encumbrance a character can carry? Say, if it were a Barbarian from the Complete Barbarian's Handbook with their +3 bonus to Strength for the purposes of determining movement rate while encumbered. As an example in the Pathfinder Ruleset you can modify this in the Encumbrance section to allow for a character to 'effectively' have a higher Strength for the purposes of encumbrance. Would that have to be a modifier to the final movement put under the combat gear somewhere?
    Last edited by yeknom; March 17th, 2020 at 13:37. Reason: Left out a '?"
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to modify the effective encumbrance a character can carry? Say, if it were a Barbarian from the Complete Barbarian's Handbook with their +3 bonus to Strength for the purposes of determining movement rate while encumbered. As an example in the Pathfinder Ruleset you can modify this in the Encumbrance section to allow for a character to 'effectively' have a higher Strength for the purposes of encumbrance. Would that have to be a modifier to the final movement put under the combat gear somewhere?
    There is currently no such option. It's all based on the PHB encumbrance rules (table 47) at this time.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    As a work around, figure out the difference in how much the PC can carry with the STR adjustment and make an item with a negative weight accordingly.

Capture.JPG
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    As a work around, figure out the difference in how much the PC can carry with the STR adjustment and make an item with a negative weight accordingly.

Capture.JPG
    That's an interesting solution
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That could be an interesting solution for a bag of holding or similar stuff too, am I correct?
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    That could be an interesting solution for a bag of holding or similar stuff too, am I correct?
    For a bag of holding I just tell the players to tick the "carried" icon to show not-carried for items in the bag.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post

Capture.JPG
    I'll try that. Thanks!
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Thread Information