Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: Graphics in FGU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    For those not experiencing the issue, it may seem like a 'prettiness' issue, but those of us who are, its a game breaker. All text is just hazy enough to drive one nuts. I can't spend more than 1 or 2 minutes in FGU before I close it. All this is from a staunch FGC user, and purchaser. I can't imagine a new user buying FGU to experience this.
    But there are workable, if not desirable, solutions for this. There are other issues that their are no workable solutions for.

I can only image the challenge the Devs have prioritizing what is resolved first, but so far I can't really argue with the choices they have made.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In the hopes that it might help the devs somewhat, the issue with the fuzzy fonts and dice (and pretty much everything) - at least for me - appears to stem from my graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1070). I say this because when running FGU on my desktop with said graphics card, everything is very fuzzy, as if it is entirely out of focus, yet if I run it on my Surface Pro 6 (with integrated graphics), everything is peachy.

Am happy to provide whatever diagnostic data which may help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. We have a new version that should be releasing this week that may address some or all of these reported issues. Please stay tuned for the release notes in the coming hours & days and let us know if you see any improvement with the next update. Carl reworked fonts and dice graphics and it should also improve performance in ruleset load times as a result.

Awesome. Thanks for the update Doug. Now my F5'ing of the Unity forums will be even worse as I wait for the next update to test!

Blog Entries
    Do any of you folks have HDR enabled. I just got a new monitor that supported HDR and started seeing a lot of strange effects when streaming, recording video or running some HDR content and some non-HDR content. My non-HDR content was horribly washed out. This is evidently by design and turning off HDR support in Windows made everything vibrant again.

https://www.dell.com/support/article...ows-10?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Hello,

I would like to raise this issue again. It detracts quite a bit from the experience. Particularly the dice, but overall everything looks fuzzy to some degree. I've included a link to a comparison I made today between the dice of FGU and FGC to show that the problem is quite significant.

https://i.imgur.com/SB3wiFk.png

Kind regards.
    Oh lols did not even notice this untill i came across this tread and opened both fg and fgu next to eachother

Hi Doug,

Just checked for HDR settings. None of my monitors support it. They are all set to Standard Dynamic Range.

Thank you for looking into it though.

Unity Dev here - If I had to guess, the icons look like image compression artifacts (ECS perhaps?). Fonts are hard in unity generally so I have no assistance there without knowing more about what you are doing, but the dice look like they need AA. Just new to the FG but been deving professionally with unity for 5+ years

Hey again - I got a message asking if I would be happy to help, and I am. Let me know if it would be helpful to jump on a video call to chat through the texture artifact issue, potentially any other unity issues you might be having too (Can't guarantee that I will have an answer, but I recognise some of the issues in the UI from some of our previous projects).

I just had a quick look into the texture issue (e.g. the dragon with transparency above the UI elements) and the most common issues that result in that are 'alpha cutout/shader settings', 'over-aggressive compression' or 'mipmapping issues'.

Some links
    https://images.app.goo.gl/7PJsgehfEWjgBEFf6
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/...und-edges.html

The graphics look much better after the latest update (2020-04-13). Thank you!

Thread Information