DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Graphics in FGU

Using two 1080p monitors and a side-by-side comparison, what is happening is that FGU is scaling the GUI by 125% compared to FGC. Graphics cards settings will affect how it looks.

Fellow AMD fanboys, open up your Radeon control panel then go to the Gaming tab. Under the Games tab, you will want to select the 3 vertical dot menu on the far right and then click "Add A Game." Find your Fantasy Ground Unity EXE. Once it is added, scroll down and turn on Radeon Image Sharpening. Play with the settings to your liking. Remember, while Unity is being used for (and can be used for) a 2D application it is still a 3D engine. Might even be able to tweak the visuals more under advanced settings.

FGUgraphicSettings.png

I'm sure that themes will be debugged at some point but this is still looking good for an indy beta!

@Transbot9

Your images don't seem to be all that different to me, but I'll play around with my Nvidia control panel settings to see if I can get lucky.

In my control panel I can "apply" the setting changes. Do those changes take place immediately on the open FGU program? Or would I need to exit FGU and then reopen?

Thank you for your help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Sorry, not trying to put words in your mouth. There had been a couple comments in the thread that lead me to get the impression that the issue was being dismissed and not worth reporting now. Yours was simply the most recent one.
    In SmiteWorks' opinion, all issues are worth reporting now or whenever you uncover them. We don't plan on dismissing any reported bugs, but we do prioritize items based on the severity and the impact it has on people's game or experience -- as you would expect.

UPDATE: I had totally forgotten that I had scaled down the UI in Fantasy Grounds Classic by 85%. Whoops, my bad. UI Scaling doesn't appear to have been added as an option to FG Unity yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Transbot9 View Post
    UPDATE: I had totally forgotten that I had scaled down the UI in Fantasy Grounds Classic by 85%. Whoops, my bad. UI Scaling doesn't appear to have been added as an option to FG Unity yet.
    UI scaling has been implemented in FGU. I think it's/scaleui.

Hello,

I would like to raise this issue again. It detracts quite a bit from the experience. Particularly the dice, but overall everything looks fuzzy to some degree. I've included a link to a comparison I made today between the dice of FGU and FGC to show that the problem is quite significant.

https://i.imgur.com/SB3wiFk.png

Kind regards.

Blog Entries
    It will be addressed. But not until the following are resolved;
    - installer issues
    - network connection
    - missing functionality
    - stability
    - performance
    And then cosmetic issues will be worked on and resolved. It's all about priorities

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It will be addressed. But not until the following are resolved;
    - installer issues
    - network connection
    - missing functionality
    - stability
    - performance
    And then cosmetic issues will be worked on and resolved. It's all about priorities
    Good to hear. Keep the updates coming. Since I love for my games to be visually appealing to my players (maps, images, tokens, etc) the current graphic state of FGU is a deal breaker to host a game.

For those not experiencing the issue, it may seem like a 'prettiness' issue, but those of us who are, its a game breaker. All text is just hazy enough to drive one nuts. I can't spend more than 1 or 2 minutes in FGU before I close it. All this is from a staunch FGC user, and purchaser. I can't imagine a new user buying FGU to experience this.

Thread Information