DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you in the USA? If so, there's really no advantage to buying on Steam.
    I'm in Canada and i just check how much it will cost me if i buy it directly from Smitework and it will cost me around 52$ CND with the 10% included (didn't check for the ultimate) and if i buy the classic version on steam it's 44$ CND without the 10%.
    So in my case, it does make sense to wait for Unity version to be release on Steam.
    The big question is when...

Welcome to the FG forums pspope!

Quote Originally Posted by pspope View Post
    I'm in Canada and i just check how much it will cost me if i buy it directly from Smitework and it will cost me around 52$ CND with the 10% included (didn't check for the ultimate) and if i buy the classic version on steam it's 44$ CND without the 10%.
    So in my case, it does make sense to wait for Unity version to be release on Steam.
    Yep, there are good reasons to buy on Steam if you're not in the USA. Hence my comment about no advantage to buying on Steam if you're in the USA.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can confirm lack of a 40% discount currently available if your licenses for FGC were previously purchased through Steam. I contacted FG support to see if there was any around to obtain the discount while ordering through the FG website and received the following response:

"Hello

We do not have the Unity open access avilable on Steam yet so that is why you are only seeing the 10% only discount. We have a few more hurdles to cross before Unity is ready on Steam but when it releases the system will add an additonal 40% discount for you during the open beta period. We have no ETA but are hoping to have it ready in the near future."

MY Steam account is correctly syncing with my FG account to show that I own the license, but alas no 40% discount. Hope this clears this up for people. I am in the same boat, stuck patiently waiting for FGU to be released on Steam.

I am in the same boat. My order history shows FGC as a steam purchase in my order history. The confusing thing for me is that the Fantasy grounds newsletter that I receive says that Unity is available on Steam. My frustration is that I went ahead and purchased a subscription to ultimate thinking it would be a month or so. I do not have a problem giving up 10 bucks or so so I can convert my campaigns and give some feedback. But, it may be another month and then it will almost have been cheaper to just buy the one time off the website.

Hey guys... How is development going? As a non-US resident, I can't wait for the release on Steam. Do you still think that mid-late-April is doable?

Why is everyone so excited for the Steam edition to come out? What's the difference between just your regular FGU version and the one on Steam (when it arrives)? Just asking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    Why is everyone so excited for the Steam edition to come out? What's the difference between just your regular FGU version and the one on Steam (when it arrives)? Just asking.
    Their is no difference in the program. But depending upon where you live their is a difference in cost. Steam does Regional Pricing, where it adjusts the prices of what it sells to the economic prosperity of the country/region.

I forget the exact numbers, but for instance the US price of a standard license in Brazil is on the scale of the average monthly income. So Steam reduces the price substantially for buyers in that country.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Their is no difference in the program. But depending upon where you live their is a difference in cost. Steam does Regional Pricing, where it adjusts the prices of what it sells to the economic prosperity of the country/region.

I forget the exact numbers, but for instance the US price of a standard license in Brazil is on the scale of the average monthly income. So Steam reduces the price substantially for buyers in that country.
    Ah ha! Okay thanks for that! Good to know!

qdwag,

There is no difference in the software to my knowledge. The difference would be in the cost to obtain an FGU license.

As it currently stands, if you have an Ultimate license of FGC you can purchase an Ultimate license of FGU at a large discount (40% I believe). However, if your existing ultimate license was purchased through Steam, then you have to wait until FGU is available through Steam to take advantage of the discount. Until FGU is released on steam, those people with existing licenses through Steam will have to pay significantly more for the software if they buy it directly from Fantasy Grounds (due to the lack of the discount).

Hope that clears up why everyone is so anxiously waiting for a Steam release.

There are also U.S. buyers such as myself who've been out-of-the-loop as to whether, when, or by how much FGC went on sale directly from SmiteWorks, but jumped on a sale when presented in-your-face on Steam. I've subscribed to this thread in hopes of hearing when to expect it on Steam Early Access and came here today specifically because of that weekly email digest I'm getting.

Thread Information