5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Absolutely amazing. This is going to be a great addition to my campaign. Also you should totally put this up on the DM's guild.
    Ultimate License Holder: Anyone can join my games, you only need the Demo.
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time (-4 UTC)
    Currently Running: 5E [D&D] - Homebrew - Saturday Nights, 6pm-10pm Central

I am always looking for a group to join PM me

The Alari Adventure's Guild come JOIN(Discord) us

My Forge Profile:Check out what I have.

Firstly, thank you JimSocks for the amazing amount of effort you put into allowing us to remain lazy DMs. I love every generator I have played with so far! Also I picked up the Shops.mod, but was hoping you might offer further clarification as to how they work together. Specifically, is there away to auto-populate shop inventory over into the shop window, or are you dragging every piece of gear over? I also so where you were using a note to show inventory. Are you dragging them over individually into that as well? I am fairly new to FG so there is a grand possibility there is a short cut I do not know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
    Last edited by Ozton; October 30th, 2020 at 20:05.
    FGC Ultimate License Holder
    FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Permanent DM by Necessity
    World Builder
    Notorious Companion Slayer (I am sorry)

Thanks everybody! It makes me happy to know that peoples gaming sessions will be enriched by my effort. As for DMs Guild, I thought about doing that but instead I have put the generator on my budding Patreon page, where I am continuing to make FG generators and other game content. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to link to my Patreon here in the forums?

As for the shops extension, you are correct I drag everything over. I opened a dialog with the extension’s creator to marry my work with his a bit more, and that’s still in works.

As for the note you mentioned, I might need a bit more detail as I am not quite sure which note you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Unfortunately, no.

For now I just move the items over to a note, and share it with the players. Then they can browse, and I just move the item to them when they buy one.

If you generate the shop ahead of time, you can create the note, add it right to the generated shop story entry, and then during play you are ready to rock. The only thing this process misses out on is the “buy” button that added the item to and subtracted the money from the player’s inventory. Well, and it live-updated the shop’s stock too... I miss it.

Honestly though the note way is perfectly fine once you get the hang of it..
    If you have to move the individual items into the note then one might as well use the Shop.mod. I am just looking for the swiftist way to populate a shop and keep the game running. Thanks so much for the quick response! If you wanna DM a link to your Patreon I'd love to check it out!
    FGC Ultimate License Holder
    FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Permanent DM by Necessity
    World Builder
    Notorious Companion Slayer (I am sorry)

Ah ok I get the “note” context now.

So, now that I have the shops extension I don’t use the note anymore, I drag it over to shops.

That way the players can buy the goodies and it charges them automatically. Easy.

The benefit of using the generator in conjunction, is that the shop inventory generated matches the size and wealth of the shop (and if you dig into the tables, is very customizable)

This way if they stumble upon a ricketty cart, the items and quantity will automatically be more appropriate than the inventory of a large marble-hewn establishment that caters to the rich.

And, as it turns out I think I can link to my Patreon. Feel free to swing by
    Here’s the link:
    https://www.patreon.com/user?u=29831...n_landing=true

Blog Entries
    It's fine to link to your Patreon. If you want to detail what's available over there, then I would suggest a new thread in the Paid Creations sub

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

For those following this thread: after 323 versions and like, two months of daily trial-and-error: I have written a new extension for Story Templates that adds SIGNIFICANT functionality.

The thing is basically giving me Story Template superpowers.

Now that it’s working, I’m going to figure out how to distribute it best, and make a video detailing what it adds and how it works.

I’m just super stoked, so I wanted to tell SOMEBODY about it (cause my wife’s eyes glaze over when I try to describe my breakthroughs on the project to her lol)

For those following this thread: after 323 versions and like, two months of daily trial-and-error: I have written a new extension for Story Templates that adds SIGNIFICANT functionality.

Now that it’s working, I’m going to figure out how to distribute it best, and make a video detailing what it adds and how it works.

I’m just super stoked, so I wanted to tell SOMEBODY about it (cause my wife’s eyes glaze over when I try to describe my breakthroughs on the project to her lol)
    That's fantastic!

Be careful what you do with story template superpowers. They’re not to be abused! ;-)

Looking forward to seeing what can be done...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries

Tell your wife she should appreciate you and your template wizard thingy a little bit more because other people sure do...

ok n00b lurker here, I'm in.

Thought I would actually post and let you know as you are super stoked

Thread Information