FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Also check out the Player Agency extension as it has 'World Builder' functionality that is a little similar.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ency-Extension

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi, Thanks for the mod. This is all really cool.

I'm on unity, using the 5e version of your mod, and there appears to be a few bugs or perhaps I'm missing something. I've tried out both the Merchant and Tavern Generators and they both have similar problems. After clicking 'Generate' on one of the templates, the generated story does not substitute several variables. For instance, in the case of merchant, it doesn't substitute:
    Shop Type
    Shop Description
    Merchant Name
    Merchant Traits

The rest of the generated story seems on point. The inventory is there and the Economics section is populated. Also, the Title Header is oddly correct, in that it correctly substitutes the shop's name and description (though these aren't substituted correctly in the chat bubbles or in the Quick Merchant Info section.

Thanks!

Hi mate, I would like to thank you for your awesome work! I have already used it several times in my past 2 sessions. It helps creating my oneshot world aswell! So much appreciated.

One thing i noticed was that the dungeon generator tables arent functioning properly. Same goes for Dungeon Passage, Dungeon Door and the Dungeon Chamber. For example, if you generate the table the format goes from [Random Dungeon - Beyond a Door] to "Random Dungeon - Beyond a Door" without the brackets. This is tested in FG Classic.
    Last edited by Stuggesjoerd; April 6th, 2020 at 10:03. Reason: changes

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the feedback!

As for the dungeon generator, it was something I made years ago and forgot about until JUST before publishing, so it’s highly possible it’s got a bug or two. It leans heavily on the tables in the 5e DMG tables, so that has to be loaded for it to work at all.

I’ll take a look and see what’s up!

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Awesome to hear! Thanks for the feedback!

As for the dungeon generator, it was something I made years ago and forgot about until JUST before publishing, so it’s highly possible it’s got a bug or two. It leans heavily on the tables in the 5e DMG tables, so that has to be loaded for it to work at all.

I’ll take a look and see what’s up!
    That probadly is the cause. DMG wasnt loaded in. I will check it later today! Thanks!

I assume there is some back end programming that makes the generated NPC be able to bounce out to an NPC template? I would love to be able to build my own tables that generate NPC templates for Savage Worlds, but not sure if there is a "built-in" way to do that.
    👑 GM for the most Interactive TTRPG show on Twitch, Quests and Cliffhangers.
    📺 Watch Quests and Cliffhangers LIVE every Thursday @ 8pm, Eastern. [Click Here]
    💬 Mention you are from the Fantasy Grounds Forums for Special Treatment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsCliffGaming View Post
    I assume there is some back end programming that makes the generated NPC be able to bounce out to an NPC template? I would love to be able to build my own tables that generate NPC templates for Savage Worlds, but not sure if there is a "built-in" way to do that.
    I believe Jim is just using CoreRPG functionality. That may or may not be available in SW, you would have to ask the dev for the ruleset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think he’s wondering if my story templates can be used to auto-populate an actual NPC record.

As far as I know- only with some kind of fancy extension. I’m no code jockey, so that’s above my pay grade I’m afraid

I finally started messing around w/ this. Wow. I'm impressed.

A few questions/comments.

1. Out of curiosity, why are there so many race tables? I was hoping there was just one so I could easily weight the races based on my world's demographics.
    2. The Brothel 'The next morning...' table is hilarious. In my gaming group, PCs haven't visited one in years. Now I want to promote the practice for a campaign just to see the results!
    3. Since this is for 5e, your tavern prices seem high. It looks like you based them roughly off the PHB values. But those values are per day. Not a single course of a single meal. I'm nitpicking, I know. Just thought I'd point it out.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thread Information