STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Roofy69 View Post
    Does this work for Unity?
    See post #15 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trying this in Unity Ultimate. Start a table as 'LAN', wait till it's up. Start another Unity instance, Join Game - LAN, enter localhost and 1802 (or 127.0.0.1 and 1802) - I get Authorization failed: License key conflict...

Is there any black magic I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Trying this in Unity Ultimate. Start a table as 'LAN', wait till it's up. Start another Unity instance, Join Game - LAN, enter localhost and 1802 (or 127.0.0.1 and 1802) - I get Authorization failed: License key conflict...

Is there any black magic I'm missing?
    What operating system are you using?

How many Unity installations do you have on the same computer?

How are you starting the second instance?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This will not work with the demo version.

So if you have a demo version installed and are trying to connect into it with a version that has the Ultimate license it will not work. You need to do it the other way around.

Sorry I missed Ultimate in your post.

Are you using the same icon to launch the second (client) version? If not you should.

When you launch the second version hit Settings. This should bring up a message "We have detected that Fantasy Grounds is currently running" message. If so this is a good thing. If not then you have it installed in two different locations.

Also since you are running it on the default port try leaving the port blank and see if that works.

I would also start a new campaign and select nothing but Dungeons and Dragons 5e. Give it a name. Set to Server type LAN. Load no extensions. Then hit start. Once up see if you can connect to it.
    Last edited by Granamere; October 2nd, 2020 at 15:26.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thread Information