DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I have used localhost successfully in FG Classic. But when I try to enter localhost in FG Unity, the screen stalls on "Attempting direct connection to server. [127.0.0.1:1802]

(I have tried random other ports, with no success.)

Please hold - I am experimenting with using LAN vs Cloud and Public vs Private on the server. I will update.
    Last edited by thespinator; March 18th, 2020 at 23:48.

What version of FGU license do you own? A Standard or Ultimate FGU license is required to host any game, even on same computer.
    (i.e. What version is reported in upper right of launch screen?)

Regards,
    JPG

I'm using Ultimate v 4.0.0 (2020-03-16)

Solved it, thanks. Needed to host on the LAN, not the Cloud.

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Using a "localhost" connection does require running server in LAN mode.

Additionally, you can connect to your own cloud server from a second instance by connecting to your own user name.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I suspect it helps prevent one person from posting a license key on the internet for the world to use.
    Makes sense.

Question for everyone. If I want a cloud game (so that my remote friends can play) and I want to join myself (so I can see what they see), how do I do this? They can't join if I set it as a LAN game, right? And I can't join my own game if I set it as a cloud game, right? How do I do this? (In FGC, I was able to host a game, open another instance of FGC on the same computer and just join by using "localhost" as the IP address. Super simple.)

I think if you set it to lan game then allow the port through your firewall and give the players your IP that should work. I need to go do some testing to see if that will work with Unity though.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleeliason View Post
    Question for everyone. If I want a cloud game (so that my remote friends can play) and I want to join myself (so I can see what they see), how do I do this? They can't join if I set it as a LAN game, right? And I can't join my own game if I set it as a cloud game, right? How do I do this? (In FGC, I was able to host a game, open another instance of FGC on the same computer and just join by using "localhost" as the IP address. Super simple.)
    See JPG’s post #15 above.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information