STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Super slow starting

As the title says it is extremely slow to start for some reason. I have more than enough PC to handle this app. Big games like CoD MW and BF V start faster than this. What gives? Not just the initial startup but every startup going to the main campaign screen.

I know what your saying the original loaded faster then this dos

Yes, that is somewhat expected (at least, should not be surprising during a beta playtest). They are focusing on functionality for now and will address performance later on.

I guess it's mostly opening MODs PAKs and EXTs that takes so long - in the module activation screen, some (mostly rules) modules also take so long to load that one fears the program crashed - token packages work fine and fast, though.

I would agree, it need some kind of feedback to let the user know it has not crashed.

USA, India, and other locales around the world
    Quote Originally Posted by UngainlyTitan View Post
    I would agree, it need some kind of feedback to let the user know it has not crashed.
    I have also waited a while only to re-attempt opening some of the modules, then with similar but less laggy results. At times the program does seem to freeze, seize, or even give a shut down or wait dialog box. I'm chalking this up to a combination of computer hardware, beta testing, bandwidth and programming. Though frustrating at times, I have faith that this will get solved.

Blog Entries
    Expect stability to be the first class of issues to be addressed, second class function and third performance. But I'm sure it will get addressed in time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have just seen the last Fantasy Grounds Friday, in which performance was addressed and they said that this will be looked into onmce the major stability and function kinks have been workerd upon...

I know that this is still an early release version, but it is almost unusable on my laptop: DELL XPS, Intel core i7 CPU at 2.20 GHz 2.21 GHz; 16 GB RAM (15.9 usable); 64 bit processor; 64-bit Windows 10 Pro. I know that my laptop is hardly a gaming computer, but I just don't have these issues with other VTT software (Map Tool, d20pro, or Foundry).

Thread Information