FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Megadungeon

Megadungeon

Greetings,
    Anyone who follows my posts here on the forum, should know that I am setting up a megadungeon, Barrowmaze, this has been consuming me a lot of time. The good news is that I finished it, however, I made a big mistake, I created some layers of them (one for the walls, another for the doors, and another one for objects like big statues). I understand that this is not recommended in a big map. However, it was the way I was able to work without going crazy. Unfortunately, I don't know if a tool to merge the layers will be implemented. The "timeout" error has occurred and the map is not usable. It happens when I drop a character to test in some areas. Below is the error message. I would not like to miss the job that consumed me some nights that I should sleep. If it is not some abuse on my part I ask the community for help or a dev to remedy the situation. I would greatly appreciate it. I leave here the error message and the module saved with the map. Thank you in advance.

[3/15/2020 7:06:51 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/15/2020 7:06:57 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [Govanon]
    [3/15/2020 7:07:00 AM] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:58326]
    [3/15/2020 7:07:00 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [3/15/2020 7:07:00 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/15/2020 7:10:15 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [3/15/2020 7:10:15 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [3/15/2020 7:12:50 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Maximum time elapsed in Visibility Computer compute. Exiting.

The module file
    Campaign .mod

I ask for your help because I'm a little exhausted, and I would love to run this campaign. Thanks!

I don't see any problems in the campaign. I did disable all the decal extensions that you had loaded before I started the campaign - so possibly one of those is the issue; or possibly another extension that you have loaded. Other than the thing taking a while to load since it is pretty massive I didn't get any errors.

The module loads fine and again I didn't get any errors whilst playing around with it. Again I suspect possibly an extension?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No extension loaded. When does the decal extension refer to the assets I used?

I noticed that the error occurs in some parts of the map, mainly in the southwestern extremes.

I tested several areas of the map by placing a character, only in one area the error occurs.

Problematic area.
    Last edited by Govanon; March 15th, 2020 at 12:46.

Nope, I still can't reproduce the error in that area on the module.

I don't think the extensions will refer to the assets you used but there could be a conflict somewhere with any extension when you use as many as you had loaded. To test things try loading the module in a new campaign with no extensions at all (I just had the 5e theme loaded in my tests). If it works then it is more than likely an extension or extension conflict that is the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Tested, new campaign, no modules loaded, no extensions loaded (only 5e theme). The error occurs...

[3/15/2020 9:09:41 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/15/2020 9:10:10 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [Govanon]
    [3/15/2020 9:10:14 AM] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:60535]
    [3/15/2020 9:10:14 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [3/15/2020 9:10:14 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/15/2020 9:11:33 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [3/15/2020 9:11:33 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [3/15/2020 9:13:50 AM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [3/15/2020 9:14:29 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Maximum time elapsed in Visibility Computer compute. Exiting.
    [3/15/2020 9:14:44 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Maximum time elapsed in Visibility Computer compute. Exiting.
    [3/15/2020 9:14:54 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Maximum time elapsed in Visibility Computer compute. Exiting.

I'm not sure then what the problem is. I assume that you have the latest build of Unity (that is you have updated it).

Latest build,i have...

Blog Entries
    That check was put in there to prevent the system from locking up during a line-of-sight calculation if it is taking too long to return a solution. You're actually the first user to encounter it, but you're also the first user to create a megadungeon that I am aware of. I have some optimizations in mind for LOS, but optimizations are on hold while we get the existing bugs resolved. I will take a look at the module you have provided to see how long the calculations are actually taking.

Regarding merging layers, I can see how that would be a useful organization tool and we can take a look at how best to implement that as soon as we are looking at adding feature requests.

Do you recommend that I wait for you to examine the module to continue working on it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Govanon View Post
    Do you recommend that I wait for you to examine the module to continue working on it?
    I took a look at the module and, while it doesn't time out for me, it gets very close. In the problem area the LOS calculation is take around 0.75 seconds. Until we're able to spend some time on optimizing the LOS calculations, this map may be a bit to complex for the current system. I can bump up the time-out, if you need to keep working on it, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for actual play at the current time.

Thread Information