STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 45 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Just discovered this wonderful extension, it will be fun to play with. Thanks you damned!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

EDIT: sorry. Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Zeruel_Kagenie; June 27th, 2020 at 18:01.

Thanks for this extension, damned - looking forward to using it my campaign!

Encountered an error when a player tries to enter PC notes on World Builder entries that were exported and brought into the campaign as part of a module. Works as expected if player enters PC notes on entries created in the same campaign. Using the latest Player Agency extension and never had the original individual modules.

Player and I are both using FG Classic.

This is the error:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_pcedit.lua"]:87: attempt to concatenate a nil value"

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create World Builder entries and export as part of a module.
    2. Load module in a separate campaign.
    3. GM shares entry imported in module.
    4. Player enters PC notes.
    5. Error pops up when hitting "submit" and note is not saved.

Blog Entries
    Welcome MassSailor

Its not something I had tested but I guess it is something that people are likely to do...
    The module is read only so the player wont be able to do that.
    In the first instance you could drag the module copies to create duplicate instances and they should be appendable but I will need to look at this and see what I can do about creating a proper solution.

Thanks, damned - tried it today and players could add notes to a copy dragged in from a module and anything created within the campaign.

If you do look to make entries exportable to a module, would like to also suggest excluding PC notes, if possible. Right now they get exported and copied, which could make for confusing results if used across campaigns.

Blog Entries
    I spent a bunch of time on this today and I think I have the first issue resolved.

Scenario: You create a module of World Builder entries and export it and use it in another campaign.
    If you share one of these records it will (once I release the update) let players edit the Module version.
    What it wont do is let the players edit any/all records of a player loadable module - the records will still need to be shared.

Second issue about not sharing PC Notes...
    At this stage its recommended that you build the content in your Preparation Campaign and export it from there - eg without player involvement in the data yet.
    Im investigating a solution for exporting everything except the PC Notes but no promises.

Blog Entries
    Support added for players editing content from Modules
    The record needs to be Shared not just loaded in a Module
    When selecting additional fields for players to view they may have to also close and open the record.

If creating content that will be reused I suggest you do it in a campaign reserved for that.

Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the original post, but is this for Unity, Classic, or both? Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCauthon View Post
    Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the original post, but is this for Unity, Classic, or both? Thanks in advance!
    I wrote it on Classic but I believe it should work on Unity too...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Support added for players editing content from Modules
    The record needs to be Shared not just loaded in a Module
    When selecting additional fields for players to view they may have to also close and open the record.

If creating content that will be reused I suggest you do it in a campaign reserved for that.
    Thanks, damned - works like a charm! Not sure if it was intended behavior, but re-exporting the module updates content in the active campaign but keeps any existing PC Notes - which is great! I was worried whether adding new locations to the module would reset all content and it looks like it will be seamless to the players. Much appreciated!

Thread Information