Starfinder Playlist
Page 11 of 45 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    I'm really trying to push my players to use this as much as possible. I'll probably have a list of things they wish they could do (or that we just don't know how, yet).
    I think it will take time for most groups. Habits are hard to form.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    @damned
    As a GM, I can share an entry created by a player.

I get a Ruleset Waring: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sendtochat_label) in windowclass (investigator_header) and a similar one for button_chat_pcdisc. I was creating entries from the player side. I had the console open for investigating another issue.

[offtopic: zut alors, just found the copy to clipboard function after I typed the error code]
    Yes there are a couple of height settings that are done incorrectly. I will fix when I work them out

I'm really trying to push my players to use this as much as possible. I'll probably have a list of things they wish they could do (or that we just don't know how, yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I think it will take time for most groups. Habits are hard to form.
    Question one.

As DM, I see this.

Perfect. Even better, I think I can format it, right? If not, still perfect as is.

On my player side, I see this:

I wanna give my players more agency. I want them to be able to view and (more importantly) edit that information for themselves.

How can I achieve this?

You'll need to change the extension to make all of the boxes editable by the players; or include all the information in the description and/or PC notes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I wanna give my players more agency. I want them to be able to view and (more importantly) edit that information for themselves.

How can I achieve this?
    This is working as intended.
    Players cannot EDIT information they can APPEND information. Multi-user EDITs is not impossible but it is challenging.
    If you want players to see that info - at this stage - also add it into the Player Description field.

So if I wanted to edit this myself, if I'm looking at this right, it would be around line 209 in /campaign/scripts/world_main.lua right around "if not User.isHost()", yes?
    Maybe possibly in Line 54 of "world.lua" if Non Hosts are able to update with no problem? And similar places in the Investigator scripts? I just want to know if I'm on the right track here. I'm used to scripting languages, but never use LUA really. I'm familiar with Perl, PHP, JavaScript, various Markup languages, etc, and it seems to follow similar patterns, I just have to get used to syntax.

Blog Entries
    the if not User.isHost is to do with making it visible.
    making it editable by multiple users is very problematic
    first you have to make teh editor the owner, and what happens if someone else starts an edit while you are editing? the owner will be changed to the next person and your edits wont get written.

Hmm. I'll look further into it, see what I can do. But making those things visible that I want visible it certainly a first step.

First off thank you damned for this great extension. The world builder part of this extension is extremely useful for a collaborative campaign. One record type that would be nice to have would simply be Other. If it had fields for Description, GM Notes, PC Notes and Images; it could be used for descriptions of food, flora, fauna, customs, races, cultures, or anything else the players or GM creates that would be well served to be linked in other parts of the world builder. I looked at the extension, but feel like it would be beyond me to create this addition, and certainly other GMs could use another place for other types of campaign information. Is this something that is already in the works, or can we add it to a wishlist?

Blog Entries
    Ok Ive added a new feature.
    You can now tick a checkbox on all fields except GM Description and these fields will also be available to players that have access to the record.

jonesdaadi please provide some more information.

Thread Information