5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 38 of 45 First ... 283637383940 ... Last
    Thank you for this extension, it's proving to be very useful.

I have a question related to this thread. It seems that certain window classes in FG don't work with this extension enabled. Is this something that could be easily fixed?

Thanks!

is there a way to create a dm note, or a investigator sheet that ALL players, and the DM, can edit and view in real time? I thought there was a way to do this, but I couldn't get it working today. thx, in advance for any feedback or advice.

Blog Entries
    Hi macDsinfo

That is possible only on a Note that a player makes and is only possible for that player and the GM - no other player can engage.
    If I ever find a way to do that I will but right now I dont think its possible,

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi macDsinfo

That is possible only on a Note that a player makes and is only possible for that player and the GM - no other player can engage.
    If I ever find a way to do that I will but right now I dont think its possible,
    thx for the reply. so all players cannot add their own info, or drag chat output to the same DM note (in the PC notes section)? I thought they had done this, but like I said, we couldn't get it working yesterday. and thanks for this extension - it is great, and the players love it, as do i. we are just trying to learn the ins and outs of it presently. again, thx, in advance for any insight, input or advice you might have.

Blog Entries
    Using Player Agency all players can APPEND data to the records but only the GM can EDIT all records and in Investigator component the clue creator can edit records.

Using Player Agency all players can APPEND data to the records but only the GM can EDIT all records and in Investigator component the clue creator can edit records.
    ok, that is what I thought - for some reason, I couldn't get this working yesterday. I will try it again when I run a table next in a couple of days. thank you so much for the clarification.

again, thank you for the great extension, and all the help. two questions:

1-does the world builder entry need to be left unlocked for the PCs to be able to make their notes (by clicking the pencil)?

2-it seems once the dm amends the PC notes, they are no longer able to be used by the players; specifically, when players "test" the feature for the first time, and then I CTRL-A > Delete the test gibberish, the players can no longer access that Pencil tool to add notes in the future to that Page. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you again, for everything.

Does this extension work with the Dungeon Crawl Classics ruleset?
    If so I am getting the following errors when trying to edit PC Notes as a player:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:12: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    [8/9/2022 11:00:51 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_pcsubmit_pcnotes) in class (investigator_pcedit)
    [8/9/2022 11:01:00 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_pcsubmit_pcnotes"]:6: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong. The player who created the Investigator note was trying to use the edit button but she doesn't need to do so. She can just directly edit the note without needing to use that edit button, when she used the button is when she got the error. Thanks for your input Damned, sorry to waste your time.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; August 11th, 2022 at 15:37.

Thread Information