DICE PACKS BUNDLE

question about starfinder society

I have been interested in trying my hand at DMing some starfinder. I have the physical corebook, but not the fantasy grounds version. My question is, if I buy one of the society modules on fantasy grounds, would it have all that I need in order to run the mod? Would it be feasible to own only the module and expect to be able to run a session with it, or would I also need to have the corebook and other supplements?

I suppose you'd need to have at least the Starfinder ruleset to run Starfinder games. As far as I know, the scenario modules just have the maps, encounters, box texts, etc. from the scenario.
    Others might be able to give you a more detailed answer, though.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

They include all the material in the PDF. NPC/monster statblocks (all tiers), preplaced encounters(all tiers), parcels/gear(all tiers), tables, boons, all the Items in that adventure, all the art, and all the text.

Character creation may be a bit hard without the Core Book.
    Remember that if you buy it from the Fantasy Grounds store and it does not work out for you. You can request a refund(I think you have a month.)

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    They include all the material in the PDF. NPC/monster statblocks (all tiers), preplaced encounters(all tiers), parcels/gear(all tiers), tables, boons, all the Items in that adventure, all the art, and all the text.

Character creation may be a bit hard without the Core Book.

Remember that if you buy it from the Fantasy Grounds store and it does not work out for you. You can request a refund(I think you have a month.)
    Yes, if you buy from the FG Store you have 30 days. If you buy from Steam, Valve's policy is 14 days or 2 hours of playtime, whichever comes first. (FG is not actually a "Steam App" so you can run it outside of Steam to avoid tracking playtime.)

The SFRPG ruleset (in FG parlance, that means the programming that tells FG how any certain game works) comes free with FG. I'm unsure whether an SRD module has been released yet? If it has then you could create characters using the OGL-compliant versions of everything. Otherwise you'd need to enter the data yourself or get the Core Book.

I would recommend having the Core Rulebook in addition to the scenarios. In theory, you could still input player characters manually but it takes a long time. The usefulness of the other books varies.

You could try buying only one scenario and see whether the pregens are working correctly without the Core Rulebook. The pregens haven't been updated to the latest ruleset versions however, so I don't think it's feasible.

Can players build their own characters outside the game and then import them in? Or use characters that they have played in other games? I know I’m DND 5e they can do this but not sure about starfinder

yes..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information