5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Map Packs & FGU Map Making

Looking at a product in the FG store; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=AAWFGANYSMP

With FGU will we be able to use these tiles to construct a map either "on the fly" or ahead of time in the program?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You should be able to do that eventually. This particular tile pack was created for FGC; and won't work well in FGU (i.e. all the images are created as tokens in this module). I've forwarded to Doug to review for FGU release.

Also, there is no LoS on any of these tiles, and that would be a different requirement for this sort of product.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    i.e. all the images are created as tokens in this module
    Looking at my copy in FGC they're all images.

This didn't really work well in FGC as 6x6 square stand alone tiles as FG images don't really work that well. In FGU (when converted and LOS added) these tiles will be amazing!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

They're also set up as image records; but stored in the tokens directory. This means they are doing double duty in FGC.

In FGU, this just confuses things; because FGU treats all files in "images/", "portraits/", and "tokens/" as their respective graphics types. If you tried to add one of these to a map in FGU in its current implementation, it would add as a token, not as a tile layer.

Regards,
    JPG

They're also set up as image records; but stored in the tokens directory. This means they are doing double duty in FGC.

In FGU, this just confuses things; because FGU treats all files in "images/", "portraits/", and "tokens/" as their respective graphics types. If you tried to add one of these to a map in FGU in its current implementation, it would add as a token, not as a tile layer.
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just recently bought this map pack and was wondering if it was a bug that they are stored as tokens. Does this mean they will be changed or are they stuck as tokens?

Doug and I are discussing the future of these DLC. We may move them to FGU only products and fix data to work as expected, since they aren’t really useful in FGC as is.

Regards,
    JPG

Doug and I are discussing the future of these DLC. We may move them to FGU only products and fix data to work as expected, since they aren’t really useful in FGC as is.
    I agree. Good plan (if that's what you decide).

Blog Entries
    FYI to anyone interested, I just saw this video is a recent upload; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVdiDA-jKp4&t=195s
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries

I just updated it so it should work with Fantasy Grounds Unity now. It should auto-install the update for FGU if you run an Update and you are in the closed beta. The FGC version is left unchanged at this time. I marked it as FGU only and we may retire it in the future for FGC.

The store page has been updated.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=AAWFGANYSMP

We have not updated the rest of those in the series. I did this as an example for AAW Games. We are still discussing how to get the rest updated.

Thread Information