Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    My understanding is that a native Linux version of FGU is under construction, albeit out a ways after FGU on the current platforms is released.

Several folks are trying to "shoe-horn" FGU for Windows onto Linux using Wine (which, BTW, I've never really liked myself.) There has also been discussion on using a VM running Windows as a guest OS to host FGU. That might be a better way to go, barring any performance issues that implicates.

I don't think there has been any real "painting" of FGU for Linux just yet.
    The first post of this thread was "the lead developer of Linux is also the lead developer of MacOS and has no experience in modern Linux. Please advise on how things should be done on Linux." That's what I was offering in my post and cross-referencing with how those best principles for Linux are also best principles for other OS's like Windows.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps my point would have been clearer that re-architecting FG for LINUX so it is different than Window and Mac versions would probably not be a wise decision. Specifying LINUX specific paths for the two sets of data, as well as how to package and distribute the software, is well within the request for feedback.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not worrying about the details of what is the best way to install on linux, I'm just confirming that there is no linux installer today, and there is nothing right around the corner. Is there any way to sign up for "beta testing" and just get the raw files? I ask because my group is switching GMs and the new GM will be running Extinction Curse with FGU. I'd like to play, and I've never been a fan of wine, so I'd really like native apps.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkBBQ View Post
    Not worrying about the details of what is the best way to install on linux, I'm just confirming that there is no linux installer today, and there is nothing right around the corner. Is there any way to sign up for "beta testing" and just get the raw files? I ask because my group is switching GMs and the new GM will be running Extinction Curse with FGU. I'd like to play, and I've never been a fan of wine, so I'd really like native apps.
    I concur with this. I'd like to try _something_ and perhaps offer more targeted advice/opinion about what is actually in place for the moment.

At least two of my players would be super thrilled to be using Linux. Skilled Linux users, so a polished installer wouldn't be required. (They don't GM, so not even purchased items to download....)

I've been running it on Wine so far. I don't have Windows: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4-FGU-on-Linux

Quote Originally Posted by lesliev View Post
    I've been running it on Wine so far. I don't have Windows: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4-FGU-on-Linux
    Not working any more though

My group was going to switch to Unity with the campaign we just started but one of our members is a awesome Linux guru. He tried for about an hour then we decided to run Classic until FGU is available here or on steam. So if you can get a unity alpha out I think you will have a bunch of testers.

Any word on availability of the client side binaries for linux? Either with or without a formal installer?

Quote Originally Posted by PorkBBQ View Post
    Any word on availability of the client side binaries for linux? Either with or without a formal installer?
    Ditto here. I'd like to see how it actually works in practice so that I can follow-up my prior comments above with some based in the reality of how it actually works in practice.

Thread Information