5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    I just tried the Gongfarmer generator with the latest FGU version, and it works just fine for me, both using the slash command in the chat window, as well as using the d6 button in the PC window.

Just to make sure: In addition to copying the .ext file into the right place, did you also select the "DCC Gongfarmer Generator" radio button in the Extensions list when you created or loaded your campaign? See the screenshot below.

Attachment 42929
    Sometimes, it's the little things! Like my grandpa was always yelling at me "If that was a snake it woulda done bit ya!"

That's what it was, missed the extension option at startup. Thanks for the quick response! Now I can get back to making lvl 0s, but much more efficiently!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamicosmos View Post
    Sometimes, it's the little things! Like my grandpa was always yelling at me "If that was a snake it woulda done bit ya!"

That's what it was, missed the extension option at startup. Thanks for the quick response! Now I can get back to making lvl 0s, but much more efficiently!
    Great to hear - have fun!

Thank you I just ran the extension in Unity and it worked great! Thank you very much for taking the time to do the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthbeard View Post
    Thank you I just ran the extension in Unity and it worked great! Thank you very much for taking the time to do the extension.
    Thanks, great to hear it's useful. Have fun!

Hi! I am new to fantasygrounds, a long time roll20 player. I don't the the directory (extensions) for this extension - where is it? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by OlDie80 View Post
    Hi! I am new to fantasygrounds, a long time roll20 player. I don't the the directory (extensions) for this extension - where is it? Thank you!
    The location depends on your operating system, but the easiest way to find it is to open the FG launcher. At the top left, you should see a folder icon (see screenshot below). Clicking that should open up that folder in Windows Explorer, Finder (Mac), etc. That's your FG data directory, which in turn should have subfolders for "campaigns", "extensions", "modules", "rulesets", etc. - so go to the "extensions" subfolder, or create one if it doesn't exist yet.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 093342.png

Hey so your rando names are all Welsh.... I didn't know this and I found a group of 6 Brits (3 of them Welsh) to play. I apparently had guys with girl names and likewise! Was rather funny! Great extension for DCC.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Hey so your rando names are all Welsh.... I didn't know this and I found a group of 6 Brits (3 of them Welsh) to play. I apparently had guys with girl names and likewise! Was rather funny! Great extension for DCC.
    That's awesome!

Indeed: I sourced the random names from these two lists of Cornish and Welsh names. I can't quite say why, but somehow these felt the most DCC to me.

Is anyone else getting errors using this extension? Not sure if it's related to any of the recent ruleset updates or not, but I get:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/chargen.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'calcItemArmorClass' (a nil value)

Windrunner/Garner

Quote Originally Posted by WindrunnerCGG View Post
    Is anyone else getting errors using this extension? Not sure if it's related to any of the recent ruleset updates or not, but I get:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/chargen.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'calcItemArmorClass' (a nil value)

Windrunner/Garner
    Yes, getting the same error. Though it still seems to create the character sheet, but does not generate a name.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; March 20th, 2021 at 00:48.

Thread Information